For anyone searching for a deliciously simple whole-roasted cauliflower recipe, this is the one!
This recipe takes a head of cauliflower and oven roasts it in garlic butter, lemon zest, and lots of tangy parmesan cheese!
Healthy Whole Cauliflower
- Cauliflower has been the low-carb darling because there are so many ways to prepare it!
- This whole roasted cauliflower is a great side dish that packs lots of flavor.
- Healthy, filling, and delicious, this roasted whole cauliflower recipe is as striking on the plate as it is delicious to eat!
- Cut into slices or wedges and serve as a hearty side dish. Top with pieces of crumbled bacon cooked in the oven.
Cauliflower – Choose a heavy head of fresh cauliflower surrounded by thick green leaves. Remove leaves and rinse any dirt or debris from the head. Pat dry before seasoning.
Butter – We love the flavor of butter (of course) and the way it browns but olive oil works too.
Seasoning – Season the whole head of cauliflower any way you like! I keep it relatively simple with just a bit of parmesan cheese and garlic powder but this recipe lends itself well to your favorite seasonings and spices.
How to Roast a Whole Cauliflower
- Trim away the leaves, wash the cauliflower and trim the stem with a sharp knife.
- Place it in a Dutch oven and brush it with the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and bake (the steam helps cook it) until tender.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese & broil until browned & crispy.
How to Store Leftovers
- Keep leftover cauliflower in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat by pan-frying slices, or mash or chop leftovers for soups, stews, or stir-fries.
- Freeze portions wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and place them in a zippered bag for up to 1 month.
Did you love this Garlic Parmesan Whole Roasted Cauliflower? Leave us a rating & a comment below!
Garlic Parmesan Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower 1 ½ pounds
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Trim leaves from cauliflower head. Place head in a dutch oven.
- Combine butter, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Brush mixture on top of cauliflower head.
- Cover with foil (the steam helps cook it) and bake for 45-55 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Remove foil, sprinkle on parmesan cheese and broil until the cheese is browned and crispy. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!