This Taco Quinoa Bowl is chock full of goodness with ground chicken, beans, and veggies!
Colorful, crunchy, and healthy, this quinoa bowl recipe will is the perfect lunch or dinner! It’s easy to make ahead of time and can keep for a few days. Set out a variety of toppings so everyone can build their own healthy creation!
Taco Quinoa Bowl
- This nutritious recipe not only tastes great but it’s also fun to make and eat.
- A healthy dose of protein-laden quinoa makes it filling.
- Use any ground meat or even leftover taco meat.
- Great to make ahead, serve warm or chilled.
- Add your own favorite toppings to make this fresh favorite.
LEAN CHICKEN Ground chicken is used in this recipe, but ground turkey or beef could be used as well!
VEGGIES Poblano peppers, diced red bell peppers, and southwest corn are seasoned in taco mix.
QUINOA Everything is scooped over quinoa that’s been cooked in chicken broth and topped with sliced green onions.
Try our Mexican seasoning recipe and use it in so many other dishes! Taco quinoa bowls are a great way to use up leftover meat like beef, turkey, or ground turkey, and for a fully vegetarian version, switch out the meat for black beans.
Add-Ins & Toppings
- VEGGIES Diced avocados, black olives, shredded lettuce, or jalapenos.
- CHEESE Shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled cotija cheese, or Monterey Jack.
- SAUCES Try salsa, sour cream, or guacamole!
How To Make Taco Quinoa Bowl
Customizable quinoa bowls are easy to put together.
- Simmer rinsed quinoa with broth & one whole green onion
- Brown chicken & onion. Add corn, taco seasoning, & water. Simmer until thickened.
- Remove whole green onion from quinoa & divide among 4 bowls.
- Top with chicken mixture & desired toppings.
Taco quinoa bowls will keep in the refrigerator for 4 days. Store them in separate serving containers and they’ll be the perfect grab-and-go meals for any time. Quinoa can be made in advance and even frozen in quart-sized zippered bags whenever you want a quick lunch or light dinner!
- Salmon Tacos – with pineapple salsa
- Mexican Stuffed Peppers – perfect weeknight dinner
- Ground Beef Tostadas – with fresh ingredients
- Carne Asada Recipe – so tender & juicy
- Chicken Street Tacos – easy to make
Did you make this Taco Quinoa Bowl? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Taco Quinoa Bowl
- 1 ¼ cups uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 green onions divided, 1 sliced.
- 1 pound ground chicken ,turkey or beef
- ½ onion finely diced
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup canned Mexican corn mix drained
- toppings as desired see notes
- Rinse quinoa until water is clear. Combine quinoa, broth and one whole green onion in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown ground chicken and onion in pan until no pink remains. Add taco seasoning and ½ cup water. Simmer until thickened.
- Divide quinoa over four bowls (discard whole onion). Top with seasoned chicken, corn, and sliced green onion. Add toppings as desired.
Diced tomatoes, diced bell peppers, olives, shredded cabbage, salsa, sour cream, cheddar cheese, jalapenos.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
This dish has made it to rotation! It’s tasty and light thanks to the quinoa…a winner. Thanks!
So happy to hear that, Nikki!
What is Mexican canned corn mix , I’ve never seen it, what would be a replacement
It may also be called Mexicorn, or Southwest Corn. You can find it on Amazon, or the Mexican section of many grocery stores. It usually has some peppers mixed in with the corn. Enjoy Lynette!