Juicy air fryer turkey burgers are easy to make and can be enjoyed all year long!
It doesn’t take long to form and cook ground turkey burgers! Serve them up with toasted buns, lettuce, tomato, sliced red onion, and our delicious barbecue sauce.
GROUND TURKEY Choose turkey that’s not labeled extra lean, that extra fat is needed to produce the juiciest finish! Chicken can be used but add some extra olive oil to keep the meat juicy as it cooks.
SEASONING Add a handful of seasonings (try our homemade Hamburger Seasoning) with a dash of soy sauce.
BINDER An egg yolk with some breadcrumbs to hold the meat together and you’re good to go!
Our Favorite Air Fryer
Our favorite air fryer is the Cosori 5.8QT. We love how much fits into it, how easy it is to clean and how crisp it makes our recipes.
How to Cook Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Combine all ingredients & form into 4 equal patties. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Brush patties with barbecue sauce (if using) and place the patties in the fryer basket, evenly spaced apart.
- Cook for 6 minutes, flip, & cook for another 6 to 8 minutes. The patties should be a little crispy on the outside & evenly browned on both sides.
- Serve immediately with toppings & condiments.
Air fryers can vary. The first time you make these, check them a little bit early to ensure they don’t overcook. They should be a little bit browned on the outside with no pink inside and the internal temperature should be 165°F.
Tricks for Actually Juicy Turkey Burgers
- Unlike beef, poultry needs to be cooked to the right temperature for safety, so check the temp with a meat thermometer once the cooking process is done. It should read 165°F (the same goes for ground chicken).
- Chilling the burgers first helps them hold their shape and allows the flavors to blend. If you’re in a real rush you can skip this step but be gentle when flipping them.
- If you only can get ‘extra lean’ turkey or chicken, add a little bit of fat for best results. A tablespoon of olive oil or some finely chopped bacon are favorites in our regular turkey burgers.
- Most importantly do not overcook. I recommend an instant-read thermometer! Meat is expensive and this is a minimal investment that ensures the best cook!
Toppings for Turkey Burgers
We have all the best turkey burger toppings! Put a variety of them on a platter or in bowls and let everyone make their own burger masterpieces! Here’s a list of what we like that makes burgers extra special:
- Cheese slices: cheddar, swiss, gruyere, Monterey jack
- Sliced pepperoncini, jalapenos, or green chiles
- Bacon (here’s our air fryer recipe)
- Sautéed mushrooms
- A fried egg!
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheat them in the air fryer for 3-4 minutes.
- Freeze cooked burgers up to 2 months in a zippered bag with the date labeled on the outside.
Ground Turkey Favorites
- Ground Turkey Pasta Sauce
- Turkey Chili
- All-Purpose Turkey Meatballs
- Cheesy Ground Turkey Pasta
- White Turkey Chili
- Herbed Turkey Stroganoff
Did you make these Air Fryer Turkey Burgers? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey not extra lean
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce optional
- hamburger buns
- lettuce tomato, onion
- Gently combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Form into 4 patties, ½" thick. Using your thumb, create a small indent in the patties. Refrigerate 30 minutes
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Brush patties with barbecue sauce if using and place in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook 6 minutes. Flip over and cook an additional 6-8 minutes or until cooked through (165°F).
- Serve on buns with desired toppings.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)