If you’ve never made crepes at home before, you’ll love how easy they are!
Strawberry Crepes are the perfect easy breakfast recipe! Tender thin crepes are cook quickly in a small skillet and are filled with a homemade strawberry sauce.
Top them up with whipped cream and serve for an easy breakfast any day of the week.
Sweet or savory, crepes are like a very thin pancake that can be served simply with powdered sugar and a spritz of lemon juice. Or they can be filled with homemade ricotta cheese or your favorite sweet or savory fillings, in this recipe we fill them with a homemade sauce to make strawberry crepes.
Ingredients for Strawberry Crepes
Crepe Batter: Similar to pancakes, crepes have the same basic ingredients: eggs, flour, milk, and oil for the pan. But it’s that little bit of extra milk that makes them spread out thin. Melted butter can be used in place of oil.
Strawberry Sauce: Simple to make, this sauce needs just fresh berries, sugar, water, and cornstarch.
How to Make Strawberry Crepes
- Make strawberry sauce: prep the strawberry sauce so it has a chance to cool before serving.
- Make batter: place all of the ingredients in a blender and pulse a few times.
- Cook crepes: Cook until the crepe is set and fill with strawberry sauce.
Top filled crepes with whipped cream.
Tip For Perfect Crepes
Crepe batter is best made at least 30 minutes ahead of time or up to 24 hours to remove any bubbles from the batter. Give it a gentle stir before you make your crepes.
The crepes can also be made days ahead and lightly warmed.
- Use fresh or frozen strawberries. Frozen strawberries can have more liquid and may need extra corn starch.
- Use a small 6-inch non stick skillet.
- Crepes can be made ahead! Just store them in the refrigerator between sheets of parchment paper until ready to use again. Crepes will keep up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- You can store crepes in the freezer for up to 3 months. Place parchment paper between each crepe.
- To reheat crepes, place on a microwave-safe plate and cover with a clean, wet paper towel. Reheat in intervals of 30 seconds until warm.
Did you make these Strawberry Crepes? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
- 1 ½ pounds strawberries (fresh or frozen) divided (approx 6 cups)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
For the sauce
- Slice ½ pound of the berries (about 2 cups) and set aside for serving. Chop the remaining strawberries into ½" pieces.
- To make the sauce, in a medium saucepan, combine the chopped strawberries, sugar, water, and cornstarch.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat while stirring. Cook at a low simmer for 5 to 6 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
For the crepes
- In a blender, combine eggs, milk, flour, oil, sugar, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- In a 6-inch non stick skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of crepe batter and quickly pick up the skillet and swirl to move the batter to the edges of pan.
- Cook until tiny bubbles on the top pop and the crepe is set.
- Remove and place on a plate. Repeat with remaining crepes.
- Place 3 crepes on a serving plate.
- Spoon strawberry sauce over crepes and top with whipped cream and remaining fresh strawberries. Fold or roll as desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.