Baked Spaghetti Squash Casserole is an easy, low carb, pasta-like dish that everyone will absolutely love. Cooked spaghetti squash is combined with a quick meat sauce, topped with cheese and baked until golden and bubbly.
Spaghetti Squash Casserole
This low carb spaghetti squash casserole recipe features delicious strands of spaghetti squash (in place of pasta) baked with a quick and flavorful homemade meat sauce. The casserole is topped with cheese and baked until bubbly!
Eating healthier doesn’t mean you need to spend more time or money in the kitchen! This baked spaghetti squash casserole is ready in about 35 minutes, making it the perfect quick dish. We love serving it with a simple side salad as well as some easy dinner rolls to sop up the leftover meat sauce at the end. YUM!
How To Make Spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti Squash can be cooked in the microwave or you can make baked Spaghetti Squash in the oven. Once baked you can run a fork along the squash to create noodle-like strands perfect for soups, stews and of course casseroles like this one!
How to Cut Spaghetti Squash: Spaghetti squash is a very tough squash so I’d recommend poking it with a fork (like you would a baked potato) and microwaving it 3-5 minutes. This will soften the exterior enough for cutting. Cut lengthwise tip to tip and scoop out any seeds before cooking.
How To Make Squash Casserole
This spaghetti squash casserole is a lower carb take on our favorite Baked Spaghetti recipe! It’s easy to make, can be prepped ahead of time and has just a few simple steps:
- Prepare the squash until al dente (roast it, microwave it, it’s up to you)
- Prepare the meat sauce in a saucepan
- Mix everything together in a casserole dish and top with cheese
- Bake until for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and everything is warm and bubbly
Serve and enjoy, so easy!
Can You Freeze Spaghetti Squash Casserole
You bet! This baked casserole freezes amazingly. Just freeze it covered or in a plastic container for up to 3 months.
To reheat, defrost overnight in the fridge and pop it back in the oven until heated through.
If you’re storing it in glass, make sure you allow the glass to come to room temperature before it goes in the oven. Glass can easily shatter if the temperature is changed too quickly.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole – Favorite!
- Greek Spaghetti Squash
- Low Carb Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce
- The Best Homemade Pasta Sauce – Great over spaghetti squash or Zucchini Noodles
- Baked Rigatoni Pasta
- Skinny Chicken Alfredo – So good and creamy!
Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Cook squash until tender *see note. Once cooked, use a fork to scrape the strands of spaghetti squash. Remove strands and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium saucepan, cook ground beef, onion and garlic until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, pasta sauce and seasoning. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in squash. Place in a casserole dish (or back into the squash halves) and top with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!