Nothing marks a holiday celebration more than a Rumchata Drink!
This Rumchata cocktail is an adult version of a classic snickerdoodle cookie in a cocktail form. A cross between a cinnamon vanilla milkshake and buttered rum, make this drink anytime you want to get the party started!
A Holiday Favorite
Everyone loves special holiday drinks that are unique, delicious, and wonderful for raising a toast or two!
Rumchata is a specialty liqueur that tastes almost like Bailey’s Irish Cream, but it has more of a creamy caramel flavor.
It’s not only perfect to serve over ice, but it makes for a wonderful splash in hot or cold coffee drinks, too!
For a hot beverage, just add the liqueurs to warmed milk and top with whipped cream and a cinnamon stick for stirring!
Ingredients and Variations
LIQUEURS The perfect Snickerdoodle cocktail has just the right balance of Rumchata, Amaretto, & Buttershots!
DAIRY Whole milk is called for here, but coconut milk will add a more tropical flavor profile to the drink! During the holidays, it’s all about presentation!
FLAVOR Cinnamon, simple syrup, and a cinnamon stick for garnish complete this holiday drink!
DECORATIONS Dip the rim of a martini glass (or cocktail glass of your choice) in cinnamon sugar and create your own fun and festive Rumchata cocktail! Add a sprinkle of cinnamon and a cinnamon stick for decoration.
How to Make a Snickerdoodle Rumchata Cocktail
It’s easy to make ‘cookie cocktails’, you just need a few ingredients!
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker with Rumchata, milk, Amaretto, and Buttershots. Close and shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Pour simple syrup into a shallow bowl and dip the rim of the cocktail glass in the syrup and then in another shallow bowl of cinnamon sugar to coat the rim.
- Strain into the prepared glass and garnish with a cinnamon stick. Serve immediately to your guest!
Tips for Success
- For best cocktail results, we advise you to pre-chill the glasses either in the refrigerator or the freezer before rimming them in simple syrup and sugar.
- Keep the RumChata, milk, Amaretto, Buttershots, and Vodka (if desired) chilled before using as well. A Snickerdoodle Cocktail tastes best when it is cold and refreshing!
- Smaller pieces of crushed ice not only chill the mixture while it’s being shaken, but can also be poured into the glass as well for a super cold, super sweet, holiday celebration beverage!
Delicious Holiday Drinks
- White Russian Cocktail – so creamy & flavorful!
- Cranberry Moscow Mule – classic with a twist
- Spiked Eggnog Latte – ready in 6 minutes
- Raspberry Mimosa – perfect for brunch
- Cozy Hot Toddy Recipe – with whiskey or rum!
Did you make this Snickerdoodle Cocktail? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Snickerdoodle Cocktail (with RumChata)
- 1 ½ ounces RumChata
- 1 ounce whole milk
- ½ ounce Amaretto Liqueur
- ½ ounce Buttershots
- 2 teaspoons simple syrup for rim
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar for rim
- cinnamon stick for garnish
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker and pour in the RumChata, milk, Amaretto, and Buttershots. Cover and shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Dip the rim of a cocktail glass in the simple syrup and then in the cinnamon sugar, moving it around to coat.
- Strain the drink into the prepared cocktail glass, garnish with a cinnamon stick, and serve immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.