This slow cooker Vegetable Beef Soup is a hearty, healthy meal loaded with protein and vegetables. Made with chunks of beef and all of your favorite veggies!
When loading up on vegetables, we love Weight Loss Vegetable Soup and this homemade Vegetable Beef Soup recipe. Made in the slow cooker or on the stove top, it’s perfect for making ahead on a busy weeknight! Dinner will be waiting for you when you get home!
An Easy Slow Cooker Soup Recipe
I am a big time soup lover, and I’ll eat just about any vegetables you throw into it. This Vegetable Beef Soup can be made lots of different ways, substituting your favorite vegetables or spices for a combination that your family is sure to love!
Be sure to serve this with 30 Minute Dinner Rolls or a nice chunk of crusty bread to soak up all of that incredible broth!
How to Make Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup:
- Beef: Place your beef cubes in the slow cooker. You can brown them first or you can skip this step, but with soup recipes I generally recommend browning the meat as it makes for a better broth! This is totally optional and won’t make a big difference.
- Vegetables: Add some vegetables and some broth.
- Cook: Turn it on, and let it cook away until everything is melt in your mouth tender.
See how easy that was?
What Cut of Beef is Best for Soup?
Because the meat is slow cooked in broth, it doesn’t need to be an expensive cut of beef to be tender in this crockpot vegetable beef soup.
I like to check my grocery store flyers to see what is on sale. If there is a particular roast that is on for a great price, I’ll buy one and cube it up to make this soup. If you’re not a sale shopper, chuck roast is a great option and will make for some incredibly tender beef.
If you’ve got ground beef instead, you will want to check out my Easy Hamburger Soup for an inexpensive, hearty meal.
Must Try Slow Cooker Soups
- 15 Bean Slow Cooker Chili – always a home run!
- Slow Cooker French Onion Soup – comfort at its finest
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup – reader favorite!
- Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup – comforting & delicious!
- Easy Crock Pot Ham and Potato Soup – one of my favorite recipes!
Can I Make This Vegetable Beef Soup Ahead?
Soup is great for making ahead, and this easy vegetable beef soup is one of the best because the flavors just get better as it sits.
This is a great option for meal prepping on the weekend when you have more spare time, and then simply reheating throughout the week. Because it has no pasta or rice, it can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 or 5 days.
Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 pound beef cubes
- 1 pound potatoes finely chopped (about 4 medium)
- 2 large carrots peeled and finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 14 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green beans fresh or frozen
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large frying pan over high heat, fry beef in oil just until browned on all sides. Add beef to a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, tomatoes, beans, broth, tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt, garlic, parsley, paprika and pepper to slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours, until beef and vegetables are tender.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)