Roasted Vegetable Lasagna is the perfect entree! Eggplant, zucchini, and bell peppers are roasted to bring out their deepest, richest flavors before they are layered with pasta, cheese and sauce, then baked to perfection.
- Roasted Vegetables You can use any combination of vegetables, you’ll need about 6-8 cups total. I like to keep the veggies in slices but you can dice them if you’d prefer.
- Sauce Use either store-bought or homemade marinara or pasta sauce. You can add meat to the sauce as well.
- Cheese Ricotta is the perfect filler for this lasagna however cottage cheese works too.
- Pasta If your grocery sells fresh lasagna sheets (often found in the deli area), there is no need to cook them and they can be used in this recipe. For a low carb (no-noodle) version, just add extra roasted eggplant or zucchini!
Leftover roasted vegetables work well in this recipe. Veggies can be sliced or diced before layering. This makes a large pan but can be divided into two 9×9 pans and one can be frozen before baking.
How to Make Vegetable Lasagna
While I love a good traditional homemade lasagna recipe, when my fridge (or garden) are overflowing with veggies, I turn to this delicious option!
To make vegetable lasagna:
- Roast vegetables in the oven until softened.
- While the veggies are roasting, mix the cheese layer and boil the lasagna.
- Spread 1 cup of sauce in a 9×13 pan. Layer with lasagna, roasted vegetables and cheese mixture.
- Bake until the cheese is bubbly and browned.
What to Serve with Vegetable Lasagna
Can You Freeze Vegetable Lasagna?
Yes!! This can be frozen before or after baking.
To bake from frozen, thaw in the fridge overnight and bake as directed. If the lasagna is still quite cold, it may need a little bit of extra time in the fridge.
- Easy Homemade Lasagna
- Chicken Lasagna
- Lasagna Roll Ups
- Lazy Crock Pot Lasagna (Ravioli)
- CrockPot Lasagna Soup
- Taco Lasagna
Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach defrosted and squeezed dry
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Drizzle eggplant, zucchini, and bell peppers with olive oil and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Line two large pans with parchment paper and roast vegetables 15 minutes. Rotate pans and roast an additional 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
- Meanwhile cook lasagna noodles al dente according to package directions. Drain well.
- Combine ingredients for the cheese layer and set aside. In a separate bowl, combine tomatoes and marinara.
- Spread 1 cup of tomato sauce in a 9x13 pan and add 3 noodles. Top with half of the roasted vegetables.
- Add 1 cup of tomato sauce. Cover with 3 noodles and spread cheese layer over top. Add remaining vegetables.
- Top with remaining noodles and tomato sauce.
- Bake 30 minutes uncovered. Top with remaining cheeses and bake an additional 15-30 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
- Let rest at least 20 minutes before cutting.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)