This easy Pizookie recipe is a homemade chocolate chip cookie, baked in a cast-iron skillet until melty in the middle and crispy on the edges. Don’t forget to top with ice cream!
What is a Pizookie
Pizookie is kind of a strange name, but the idea is that it is a combination between “pizza” and “cookie” — or a giant chocolate chip cookie baked in a cast iron skillet and served just the same way.
The center is going to be a little gooey, while the edges are crispy, so it’s great for eating right out of the pan while it’s still warm. I can’t think of a better way to end a long day!
A pizookie is an easy dessert that is also totally customizable, perfect for using up whatever chocolate bars, chocolate chips, nuts or candies you have lying around the house!
How to Make a Pizookie
This recipe is quick and simple to make, and loved by everyone! With just 3 simple steps you can make this delicious comforting dessert.
- Prepare cookie dough (per recipe below) or swap out for your favorite store bought brand!
- Evenly spread cookie dough into cast iron skillet and bake until the edges are golden and crispy.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10-20 minutes.
Pile on a few scoops of vanilla ice cream, get a few spoons and let the family gather around.
This is a dessert best enjoyed right away, but if you have leftovers you can store in an airtight container and microwave to enjoy another night (or, just save some of the cookie dough to make fresh the next night!).
Can I Make a Pizookie Without a Cast Iron Pan?
The edges may not get quite as crispy as they would if you bake in cast iron, but it will still be delicious!
More Cookie Recipes You’ll Love:
- Sour Cream Sugar Cookies – soft, fluffy, & perfectly sweet
- Best Ever Monster Cookies – ready in 30 mins!
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies – ridiculously fudgy!
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies – lunchbox favorite
- Easy Peanut Butter Cookies– soft, chewy & delicious!
Homemade Pizookie Recipe
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup all purpose flour + 2 tablespoons, fluffed and levelled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 6-8" cast iron skillet.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter on high in 15 second intervals.
- Add in the sugars and mix with a spoon until combined.
- Add in egg, stirring quickly to incorporate.
- Add flour, vanilla, baking soda and mix with a spoon until completely combined.
- Stir in chocolate and spread evenly into prepared skillet (if you like, throw some extra chocolate on top!).
- Bake for 20-22 minutes* or until edges are crispy and center is just set.
- Let cool slightly before topping with ice cream and serving.
- If using a 6-inch pan, you may need up to 25 minutes bake time.
- If using an 8-inch pan, you may need only 18-20 minutes of bake time.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)