This is a simple recipe that my whole family loves! It’s not overly sweet and the sauce tastes great over rice! I love to serve this up with a side of steamed veggies for a great meal! Using bone in chicken keeps the meat juicy and moist!
I have made this without the orange as well, and we love it both ways! Enjoy!
SBC will be reported.
Click print here ↓
Orange Teriyaki Chicken Bake
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 orange
- 1 onion , sliced
- 6 bone in chicken thighs
- 6 drumsticks
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small pan and bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly. Remove from heat and cool. Zest 1/2 teaspoon of orange peel and add into the sauce.
- Cut orange in half. Squeeze 1/2 of the orange into the sauce. Thinly slice the remaining half and cut each slice into 4. Toss chicken and onions with orange slices and sauce.
- Place into a greased 9x13 dish. Put into the oven and turn the heat down to 375.
- Bake 45 minutes (or until juices run clear), turning chicken over 1/2 way through. Serve on rice.[br