This easy recipe for honey chicken is a family favorite! Tender chunks of chicken are cooked crisp and tossed in a sweet and spicy honey glaze.
Serve over a bowl of rice for the perfect meal!
An Easy Sticky Chicken
PF Changs makes a great crispy honey chicken with fried chicken (or shrimp) in a honey sauce. In this recipe, we pan fry the chicken and add some ginger and a touch of heat for a flavorful honey sauce. Serve it next to fried rice, steamed veggies or even a flavorful bok choy stir fry.
CHICKEN For this recipe, we use chicken breast chopped into bite-sized pieces, but you can also use chicken thighs.
SAUCE Honey adds sweetness to this recipe while a bit of ginger and garlic add flavor.
GARNISH Green onions, sesame seeds, even toasted crushed peanuts with some chili paste can make a delicious garnish!
Serve Honey Chicken over fluffy rice to sop up all the sauce!
How to Make Honey Chicken
- Season chicken, toss in corn starch.
- Whisk together sauce ingredients.
- Panfry chicken and set asdie.
- Cook sauce according to the recipe below. Toss with chicken.
- Love spice? Add chili flakes or extra sriracha.
- No chicken breast? Use cubed pork tenderloin or even make pork or turkey meatballs (skip the Italian-style seasoning in your meatball recipe).
- Add chunks of bell pepper, onion, or pineapple.
- For a fun appetizer, sprinkle honey chicken with sesame seeds and set them in serving dish with a garnish of sliced green onions. Place a small jar of wooden picks in the center of the platter so guests can grab and go!
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave until heated through.
More Homemade Favorites
- Homemade Wonton Soup
- Kung Pao Shrimp – sweet & spicy
- Egg Drop Soup – fast to make
- Beef and Broccoli
- Sesame Chicken
Did your family love this Honey Chicken? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Sticky Honey Chicken
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon salt & pepper each
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or as needed
- green onions for garnish
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth or water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ginger grated
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces, season with salt & pepper and toss with cornstarch.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken in small batches and cook until no pink remains, about 5-6 minutes. Set chicken aside in a bowl.
- Add sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer. Simmer 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken and toss to coat. Garnish with green onions.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!