This Sticky Honey Chicken recipe is a quick and easy skillet dinner.
Tender chunks of chicken are cooked until crisp and tossed in a sweet and zesty honey glaze.
Serve over a bowl of rice for the perfect meal!
A Quick Weeknight Meal
- If you like PF Changs honey chicken, you’ll love this homemade version.
- This recipe comes together fast with fried chicken (or shrimp) in an easy honey sauce.
- Serve it with a side of rice and steamed veggies for an easy dinner
Ingredients for Honey Chicken
Chicken – Boneless skinless chicken breasts are a favorite, but boneless-skinless chicken thighs work just as well. To keep it extra fast, you can also chop up bits of rotisserie or leftover chicken, heat them in a little bit of broth, and add it to the sauce.
Honey Sauce – Honey adds sweetness to this recipe, while a bit of ginger and garlic adds flavor. Sriracha gives it a bit of a kick!
Garnish – Green onions, sesame seeds, and even toasted crushed peanuts with some chili paste can make a delicious garnish!
Serve Honey Chicken over rice, cauliflower rice, fried rice, or with stir-fried vegetables.
How to Make Honey Chicken
- Season the chicken, toss it in cornstarch, and brown in a skillet.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients, per the recipe below, and simmer in a skillet.
- Toss with chicken and garnish with green onions.
Variations & Swaps
- Swaps – Add red pepper flakes in place of sriracha. Replace garlic with ¾ teaspoon garlic powder. Fresh ginger is best in this recipe, but if needed, it can be replaced with ½ teaspoon ground ginger.
- No chicken breast? Use shrimp, pork tenderloin, or chicken thighs.
- Add chunks of bell pepper, onion, or pineapple.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave until heated through.
Did your family love this Honey Chicken? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Sticky Honey Chicken
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon salt & pepper each
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or as needed
- green onions thinly sliced for garnish
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth or water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Dab the chicken dry with a paper towel and cut into bite-size pieces. Place them in a medium bowl and season with salt & pepper. Add the cornstarch and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk the honey, chicken broth, soy sauce, ginger, cornstarch, sriracha, and garlic until combined.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken in small batches and cook until no pink remains, about 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a dish to keep warm.
- Whisk the sauce ingredients (as the cornstarch may have settled to the bottom) and add to the same skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium heat while whisking and let simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and stir to coat. Garnish with green onions.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.