Meatball Soup is a hearty and satisfying soup that is both easy and delicious! Tender ground beef meatballs, pasta, mixed vegetables and, a beefy, tomato broth are cooked together to create a luscious soup that, as the saying goes, really does eat like a meal!
I love serving this meatball soup recipe with some 30 minute dinner rolls to soak up whatever I can’t get with my spoon. It is the ultimate winter meal!
I love making soup, and winter is the absolute perfect time to try new soup recipes! This meatball soup is fast becoming my family’s meal time favorite as it is truly belly-warming!
I use homemade meatballs because they taste so much better but of course, you can use frozen meatballs instead if you’re short on time. If you prefer you can of course, use Turkey Meatballs in place of beef.
How to Make Meatball Soup
I don’t think I have come across a soup that is as easy as this one! Especially if you use pre-made meatballs (store bought or homemade)!
- Saute aromatics in a large soup pot.
- Add prepared meatballs (or use prepackaged or homemade meatballs) and broth. Simmer 10 minutes to allow the meatballs to cook and the flavors to blend.
- Add veggies and pasta. Cover and cook till pasta is done.
While I make these meatballs a regular 1″ size, you can most certainly make little bitty meatballs too (and make them Italian wedding soup meatball sized). I like to make meatballs in a big batch and freeze them. Frozen meatballs (either homemade or store bought) do not need to be defrosted or pre-cooked for this meatball soup recipe.
How Long do you Cook Meatball Soup?
Total cook time for this easy meatball soup is no more than 25 to 30 minutes! This makes the perfect weeknight meal when time is tight, or even a quickly made lunch.
Meatball soup also freezes like a dream, making it ideal for a quick meal during the busy holidays. I like to freeze it in individual servings (although I skip the pasta when freezing and add it while heating it up).
More Amazing Soups You’ll Love
- Easy Crock Pot Ham and Potato Soup
- Hamburger Soup – Classic!
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Beef Stew Recipe – The perfect cold weather stew.
- Chicken Rice Soup
- Zuppa Toscana – Copycat recipe!
- In a large saucepan or pot saute onion and garlic.
- Add prepared meatballs and beef broth to pot and cook 10 min.
- Add tomatoes, seasoning, pasta and frozen veggies. Simmer covered 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.