These creamy Thai Inspired peanut noodles are a quick and delicious dinner that’s perfect for busy weeknights. Noodles are tossed in a quick peanut sauce along with our favorite veggies: carrots, bean sprouts, and cabbage.
If your family is like mine, finding a dish everyone loves can be a challenge but everyone always agrees on this dish inspired by a favorite local Thai restaurant! You can add chicken or shrimp if you’d like!
What’s in Peanut Butter Noodles?
These peanut noodles are not an authentic Thai dish but they’re definitely inspired by a favorite peanut sauce of ours.
- Sauce: An easy and creamy sauce made with peanut butter, a hint of heat, and lots of flavor. You can make it as spicy (or mild) as you like. Add a dash of fish sauce if you have it on hand!
- Noodles: Rice noodles, linguine or spaghetti work well in this recipe (whole wheat noodles work too).
- Veggies: Julienned or shredded veggies are great in this dish. Use whatever you have on hand.
- Toppings: My favorite part! Lime juice, peanuts, cilantro, and green onions all add a big punch of flavor!
Tips For Making Peanut Noodles
- Once you start cooking this recipe comes together FAST! Prep all ingredients before getting started.
- Add leftover oven baked chicken breasts or shrimp to this recipe.
- Peanut butter noodle sauce is too thick, just add a little pasta water or chicken broth to thin it out.
- The sauce does thicken up a bit when it sits on the pasta, so it’s best to serve this dish right after tossing the pasta and sauce together.
- The amount of salt you’ll ultimately need in this dish will be greatly affected by the soy sauce you use. I use low sodium soy sauce.
My Favorite Toppings
If you’re looking for some quick and easy toppings for these peanut noodles, try some of these:
- meat: chicken, shrimp, beef, or pork
- lime juice
- green onions
Serve this with…
- Sesame Ginger Snap Peas
- Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Bean Sprout Salad
- Sesame Bok Choy make great sides with this meal
- Sauteed Mushrooms with Garlic
- Sesame Air Fryer Green Beans
Creamy Peanut Noodles
- 8 ounces dry pasta linguine or spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup carrots julienned
- 1 ½ cups cabbage thinly sliced
- ¼ cup bean sprouts optional
- green onions, peanuts, and cilantro for garnish
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well, do not rinse.
- Meanwhile, cook ginger and garlic in vegetable oil until fragrant.
- Add carrots and cabbage and cook 2-3 minutes or until slightly tender. Add sauce while stirring over medium heat and simmer until thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in noodles and bean sprouts. Garnish with crushed peanuts, cilantro and green onions (add lime wedges).
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)