When you are pressed for time and want a quick and easy shrimp dish, try this tangy lemon pepper shrimp recipe! It’s one of my go-to quick dinner recipes, and goes with just about anything!
To Make Lemon Shrimp
- Defrost, peel and devein shrimp. Rinse under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Make the coating for the shrimp by placing the flour, lemon pepper, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl (per recipe below). Add the shrimp to the bag and toss to coat.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once oil and butter are sizzling, add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp are no longer translucent and the coating has turned brown and crispy. Shake them in the pan until they turn over and are all fully fried. Do not overcook!
To Cook Shrimp on the Grill:
- If making grilled shrimp, you’ll want to skip the flour in this recipe and toss the seasonings with some olive oil.
- Thread three or four coated shrimp on wooden skewers that have been soaked in water (so they don’t burn on the grill).
- Grill for about 4 minutes over medium heat and then flip over and grill another 4 minutes.
- Squeeze ½ the lemon over the top and serve with lemon slices and parsley.
Tips for Keeping Shrimp Juicy When Fried
To be honest, to keep shrimp juicy the key is to make sure you don’t overcook it! It’s easy to do because they cook so quickly.
Keep in mind, like most meats, even seafood will continue to cook after it’s been removed from the heat source. This is called ‘carryover’ or ‘residual’ cooking.
What to Serve with Lemon Pepper Shrimp
Lemon pepper shrimp goes with anything! It makes a great topping on a salad or a filling for Baja-style shrimp tacos! If you are grilling them on skewers, served with a creamy guacamole dip or spicy salsa!
More Shrimp Recipes
- Sriracha Grilled Shrimp – Spicy and delicious!
- Shrimp Tacos – Quick meal!
- Shrimp Salad – Great for lunches
- Shrimp and Grits – Personal favorite!
- Lemon Shrimp Linguine– Rich and flavorful
Lemon Pepper Shrimp
- 1 pound medium shrimp deveined
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon
- Lemon slices & parsley for serving
- Defrost shrimp under cold running water if frozen. Dab dry with paper towels.
- Combine flour, lemon pepper, garlic powder, black pepper and salt. Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil and butter are sizzling, add shrimp and cook until crisp & browned. Flip over and brown the other side. (About 2 minutes per side). Squeeze 1/2 lemon over top. Do not overcook!
- Serve with lemon slices and parsley.