Lemon Drop Martinis are a fresh and delicious citrusy drink! A squeeze of fresh lemon, some vodka and a bit of sugar make this easy cocktail extra quick.
Unlike a classic martini, this is served a bit sweet instead of dry for the perfect easy drink!
What’s in a Lemon Drop?
A lemon drop needs just a few simple ingredients:
Vodka This is the base of the drink, use whatever your usual preference is. Titos is a great choice!
Triple Sec Triple sec is a bit sweet with an orange flavor. I add just a bit to this drink. You can substitute Cointreau if you have it on hand (or you can leave it out if you prefer).
Lemon Juice Splurge on real lemons and real lemon juice, this drink doesn’t work well with bottled lemon juice. The bottled lemon juice is much more bitter.
Simple Syrup Some recipes call for superfine sugar but I prefer to use simple syrup. Simple syrup is a mixture of equal parts water and sugar and it’s easy to make (no need to buy it).
How to Make a Lemon Drop Martini
If time permits I love to place the martini glasses in the freezer while I start to prepare the drinks.
- Glass: Rub a wedge of lemon around the rim of each glass and then dip the rim in superfine sugar.
- Mixture: Combine all ingredients in a martini shaker and shake it until icy cold, or pour directly into the glass and stir!
- Garnish: Pour into prepared glasses, garnish with a lemon slice or a blueberry or two and serve!
That’s it! Just 3 simple steps to a delicious and zesty cocktail that everyone will enjoy! Cheers!
Shaken vs. Stirred – Which is Best?
Whether you serve a martini in a martini glass or pour from a pitcher for a crowd, be sure to garnish with a lemon slice! While shaken is most common in a cocktail containing dairy, there is no taste difference here between shaken or stirred. It’s simply a matter of preference, so ask your guests which style they prefer!
But if it’s good enough for James Bond, it’s good enough for me! I’ll be taking mine shaken (extra cold) not stirred, please. Shaking the martini creates an extremely icy, somewhat cloudy martini, which is perfect for this cocktail!
- Classic Mojito – rum, mint, lime
- French 75 – lemon, gin, and prosecco
- Cosmopolitan Drink Recipe – lime, cranberry and vodka
- Easy White Sangria – deliciously sweet!
- Moscow Mule – vodka, lime, mint and ginger beer
- White Russian – cream and coffee liqueur
Lemon Drop Martini
- 1 ounce vodka
- ½ ounce triple sec
- ⅓ ounce simple syrup or to taste
- ¾ ounce lemon juice freshly squeezed
- lemon slices
- If time allows, place martini glass in the freezer at least 15 minutes.
- Rub the edge of a martini glass with a lemon wedge. Dip the glass in a plate of sugar to coat the edge. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine vodka, triple sec, simple syrup and lemon juice. Shake well until chilled.
- Pour into prepared glass and serve immediately.