I love these as a side dish! Broccoli, cheese and rice are just meant to be put together! There are so many great ways to play around with this recipe! Add chicken to make it a great entree for kids, play with different flavors of cheese, add some peppers or herbs!
I have made these many times and they’re always a hit! Once in a while, I will even fold up 1/2 of a cheese slice and put it in the middle! Be certain you grease your muffin pan very well or they will stick!
Cheesy Broccoli Rice Cups
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 2 cups of broccoli
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream (or ranch dressing)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix topping ingredients and set aside.
- Chop broccoli into small pieces. Place in boiling water and cook just until tender crisp (about 2 minutes). Drain & Cool.
- Mix broccoli and remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Grease a muffin tin very well and press about 1/2 cup of rice mixture into each well. Sprinkle with topping and gently press so breadcrumbs will adhere.
- Bake 20-23 minutes. Gently run a knife around the edges of each broccoli rice cup to loosen.
- Serve hot.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
This recipe was inspired by Kraft recipes.