One thing you need to know about me is that I could literally live on macaroni and cheese. Any kind at all, homemade, frozen, blue box… you name it, I love it! If I make it homemade (which is rare because I eat ALL of it) and we have leftovers, there I am at 8 am in the fridge eating them.
I often serve homemade meatloaf with a side of macaroni and cheese and some salad… and the other day it occurred to me “Hey, Why not serve them together… like, really together!!!”. Let me say the results were ridiculously delicious!
These Mac & Cheese Stuffed Meatballs are filled full of cheddar cheese and rich velvety mac & cheese. Seriously, it doesn’t get better than this! I used my 10 minute Stove Top Mac & Cheese recipe because it’s super fast and easy. You can use ANY type of mac & cheese for this and if you’re in a rush, check your deli counter. They usually sell heat and serve mac & cheese which will work perfectly!
Items you’ll need for this recipe:
MAC & CHEESE STUFFED MEAT BALLS!
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons onion finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1.5 oz cheddar cut into 10 small cubes
- 1 cup prepared macaroni and cheese chilled (I used this Quick Stove Top Mac & Cheese Recipe)
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce optional
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine beef, onion, egg, panko bread crumbs, shredded cheese and pepper. Mix just until combined (over mixing will create tough meatballs).
- Divide meat into 10 equal pieces. Squish each piece of meat into a thin circle. Top with 1 slightly heaping tablespoon of macaroni (as much as can fit) and 1 cheddar cube.
- Fold sides up pinching to seal and form into a meatball. Place meatballs on a parchment lined pan and brush with barbecue sauce.
- Bake 24-26 minutes or until the center of each meatball reaches an internal temperature of 160 °F.
Here are a few more recipes you’ll love