There’s no need to spend hours at the stove because this recipe for Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto is basically one and done!
Rice and mushrooms cooked in the Instant Pot with broth and herbs until creamy and tender. Stir in some parmesan cheese for an effortlessly elegant meal.
Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto
A traditional mushroom risotto recipe needs tending to and lots of stirring while instant pot risotto is a set-it-and-forget-it kinda dish!
The results are a deliciously creamy and cheesy main course done within minutes and all with zero fuss! No need to eat out when you can stay in and eat in style!
RICE This recipe uses arborio rice which is a short-grain rice. As it cooks, it releases starch creating a creamy consistency. Regular white rice will not produce the same results.
CHICKEN BROTH Purchase it in a carton or make your own homemade chicken stock.
GARLIC and WINE These add flavor! If no wine is on hand, just sub extra chicken broth (but I highly recommend keeping an inexpensive bottle in the fridge for recipes, it adds great depth of flavor with little effort).
PARMESAN CHEESE is what it’s all about with risotto. Try subbing out Romano if desired.
VEGGIES Add peas, spinach, chopped asparagus, or diced red bell peppers to the Instant Pot.
Fancy It Up: If you like truffle, it is an easy way to upscale dishes like risotto or even mashed or roasted potatoes. While it can seem a bit spendy, you can get bottles of truffle oil for as little as $12. A tiny bit goes a long way and it can literally flavor countless dishes.
How to Make Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto (overview)
- Sauté onions and mushrooms in oil in the Instant Pot.
- Add the Arborio and cook for a few minutes. Add wine and deglaze.
- Stir in broth, garlic, and seasonings. Seal lid, follow cooking instructions in the recipe below.
- Stir in the butter and parmesan cheese. Garnish and serve immediately.
- Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto will last in the fridge about 4 days kept in an airtight container.
- Refresh it by giving it a stir and you may need to add some extra broth (or cream). Pop it in the microwave or heat on the stovetop until warmed.
More Risotto Favorites
- Butternut Squash Risotto – made from scratch
- Creamy Mushroom Risotto – personal favorite
- Instant Pot Risotto Carbonara – so creamy
- Mushroom Barley Risotto – easy & savory
- Parmesan Risotto – the perfect side dish
- Simple Instant Pot Risotto – ready in 20 minutes
Did you love this Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese shredded, divided
- Heat olive oil in the Instant Pot using the saute setting.
- Add onions and mushrooms. Cook 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add the rice and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add white wine and scrape any brown bits off the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Stir in broth, garlic and seasonings. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to seal. Set to pressure cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Once the cook time is off, let it sit without opening the lid for 10 minutes (natural release). After 10 minutes release any remaining pressure and open the lid.
- Stir in butter and 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese.
- Serve and garnish with remaining parmesan cheese.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!