Pizza dough can be cooked to perfection on the grill, no pizza stone required! A tender-chewy crust topped with our favorite toppings and grilled to golden perfection.
Prep, cooking, and cleanup is a total breeze and the flavor is amazing. Avoid the heat of the oven indoors and put this super fun pizza on the menu!
I’m excited to partner with Reynolds Wrap® to bring you this grilled pizza recipe!
Why We Loved Grilled Pizza
Grilled pizza dough is soft, slightly chewy, flavorful, and easy to make. It’s the perfect way to enjoy pizza without turning on the oven!
Add your favorite toppings from pepperoni and mushrooms to garden fresh tomato slices and fresh herbs.
No Sticking and Less Mess
Rolling the pizza dough right on Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil means perfection every time, no mess on the counter, food won’t stick, and no sticking to the grill so clean up is a snap.
Place the foil (and the rolled dough) right onto the grill!
Grilled Pizza Toppings
Grilled pizza cooks fast so you’ll want to ensure everything is prepped and ready to go.
Precook toppings that you want to be cooked!
Grill the Toppings
Fire up the bbq and toss on some green peppers and mushrooms before you start with the pizza. Slice them after cooking and set aside until it’s time to add toppings.
Add meat that has already been pre-cooked: crumbled sausage, diced ham, or slices of pepperoni!
How to Grill Pizza
The key here is to make sure the grill is ready to cook!
- Cut an 18″ piece of Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil and roll the dough right onto the foil.
- Grill 3-4 minutes, check that the dough is golden, flip the dough over and add toppings.
- Grill an additional 3-4 minutes.
To Grill Frozen Pizza
Did you know you can grill a frozen pizza too? It’s easy!
- Defrost pizza on the counter or on low in the microwave.
- Cut an 18″ piece of Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil and place the pizza on top.
- Grill on low for 10 minutes (pizza crust will rise). Turn heat up to medium-low and cook an additional 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is crisped.
How Long to Cook Pizza on the Grill
The best way to cook pizza on the grill is by making sure it’s hot and ready when it’s time to cook!
Preheat the grill to 500°F while you roll out the dough onto the foil.
Cooking 3 to 4 minutes on each side will produce a crust that is thick and chewy and perfect for all the toppings!
Tips for Perfection
- Prepare pizza dough as you would for oven cooking except roll it right onto Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil. This means no mess on the counter, the dough won’t stick and it’s easy to transport to the grill.
- Be sure to place the foil dull side up, this is the non-stick side (no cooking spray required).
- Roll the pizza into a longer flatbread shape (instead of round), this makes it easier to flip once the first side is cooked.
- Roll the dough thin, this helps it to cook through. You can use any amount of dough, the key is to roll it thin.
- If your dough is cooked and your toppings and cheese still need more time, move the pizza off of the flame and onto indirect heat. This will allow it to continue to cook without burning the dough.
- To reheat pizza, follow this quick guide. Whether you reheat in the air fryer, oven, on the stovetop, or in the microwave, we’ve got you covered!
More Pizza Favorites
- Quick and Easy Pizza Bagels – kid-friendly
- Quick No-Fail Pizza Dough – so easy to make
- Cheeseburger Pizza – family-favorite
- Pizza Rolls – perfect for game day
- Pizza Bites – ready in less than 30 minutes
Did you make this Grilled Pizza? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
How to Make Grilled Pizza
- Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil
- 12 ounces pizza dough store-bought or homemade
- 2 tsp olive oil or as needed
- ⅔ cup pizza sauce store-bought or homemade
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- toppings as desired
- Preheat the grill to 500°F.
- Prepare all topping ingredients (if using).
- Cut an 18" piece of Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil.
- Place the foil dull side up and roll out the pizza dough to ½" thick (or thinner if desired) directly on the foil. Brush both sides of the dough with olive oil.
- Transfer the foil to the preheated grill and cook 4-5 minutes or until the dough begins to bubble and is lightly browned on the bottom.
- Using tongs, flip the dough over and add pizza sauce, toppings and cheese. Reduce the heat to medium-high, about 400°F.
- Close the lid of the grill and cook an additional 4 minutes or until cheese has melted and dough is cooked through.
- Cool 5 minutes before cutting.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)