Hoisin Air-Fryer Chicken Thighs are sticky and delicious. Best of all, these tender, juicy thighs are ready in just minutes.
A simple and easy hoisin marinade is all these need before adding to the air fryer for a quick dinner.
Ingredients for Sticky Air Fryer Thighs
THE CHICKEN: Boneless skinless chicken thighs are extra juicy and quick to cook. They’re not as thick as chicken breasts so they don’t need as much time and since they’re dark meat, they stay moist and juicy.
THE SAUCE: Hoisin sauce is a Chinese sauce made from fermented soybean paste with a delicious sweet and salty flavor. A splash of orange juice gives the sauce a sweet and fresh flavor. Add a little sriracha for a spicy kick.
VARIATIONS: Sliced green onion makes a great garnish. A sprinkle of red pepper flakes will give the dish a touch of heat.
PRO TIP: Lightly sauté the sesame seeds in a sauté pan until they are barely browned and then let them cool. The sesame seeds will be more flavorful and add a little extra crunch to the cooked chicken thighs.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
Air fryer chicken thighs have to be one of the easiest recipes ever!
- Whisk sauce ingredients (per the recipe below) & toss chicken thighs with sauce until coated.
- Marinate 30 minutes or longer if time allows.
- Place in a single layer in a preheated air fryer and cook until tender.
Remove cooked chicken pieces from the air fryer & garnish with sesame seeds & sliced green onions.
No Air Fryer? No Problem
You can also use this recipe to make grilled chicken thighs or broil them in the oven about 4-6″ from the heat for 13-16 minutes flipping halfway through cooking.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
These pair well with rice or fried rice and fresh veggie. Favorite veggies include:
- Sesame Ginger Bok Choy
- Crispy Garlic Air Fryer Broccoli
- Sesame Ginger Snap Peas
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Steamed Broccoli
Keep air fryer chicken thighs in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat them in the microwave or air fryer before serving again.
More Air Fryer Chicken
- Air Fried Chicken Parmesan
- Air Fried Whole Chicken
- Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks
- Air Fried Chicken Wings
- Air Fried Chicken Tenders
- Air Fried Fried Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
Did you make these Air Fryer Chicken Thighs? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Hoisin Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs about 6-8
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice or pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- sesame seeds and green onion for garnish optional
- Combine hoisin, orange juice, sesame oil, and garlic in a bowl.
- Add chicken thighs and toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Place chicken in a single layer in the basket and cook 14-16 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)