If you are looking for the ooiest gooiest yummyiest cheese ball out there, this is it… it’s kind of like Cheesecake meets Pecan Pie!
This is actually very simple to make and tastes completely delicious! Start by making a gooey homemade Pecan Pie filling on the stove top and wrap it up in a slightly sweetened cream cheese mixture. Finally, you will roll the whole thing in pecans and voila.. a totally irresistible dessert inspired cheese ball!
This can be served with ‘Nilla Wafer Cookies, graham crackers or.. just spoons!
Items you’ll need for this recipe:
Gooey Pecan Pie Cheese Ball
- 8 oz cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup butter , softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup (Karo)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- Using a mixer, combine cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar with a on medium speed until fluffy. Spread onto a parchment lined pan and place in the freezer while making the pecan filling.
- In a large non-stick pan, combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and eggs. Cook on the stove top stirring constantly over medium-low heat until thickened and the mixture begins to bubble. Reduce heat slightly and let cook while stirring one minute more. Remove from heat, stir in pecans and cool slightly (about 5 minutes).
- Remove cream cheese mixture from the freezer and spread the pecan mixture overtop ensuring you leave about 1/2" on the sides. Return to the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining 1/2 cup pecans in a non-stick frying pan over medium low heat to toast. Stir every couple of minutes until pecans are lightly toasted and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Remove the mixture from the freezer and working quickly to keep it cold, fold each side of the cream cheese/pecan mixture into the middle trying to keep most of the pecan mixture on the inside while gently removing the cream cheese from the parchment paper. Wet your hands and gently roll into a ball. Roll the ball into the toasted pecans and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
More Great Pecan Recipes Below
If you love this, you’ll definitely want to check out Pecan Pie Cookies! This is one of my favorite cookie recipes…
Pecan Pie Cookies from Spend With Pennies
Some of my other favorites:
Pecan Pie Cake from Spend With Pennies
Pecan Pie Baklava from Crazy for Crust
Pecan Pie (without corn syrup) from Spend With Pennies
Salted Caramel Maple Pecan Pie Bars from Averie Cooks
Banana Pecan Crunch Muffins from Spend With Pennies
Pecan Pie Truffles from Shugary Sweets