There are very few things I love in life more than a bowl of mac & cheese. In fact, I served it at my wedding.. the blue box kind! It was the first thing gone from the buffet!
I love all kinds of mac & cheese; the box kind, the yucky bargain brand kind and the creamy homemade kind. Well, now I have a personal new favorite…
Easy & Mac Cheese in 6 minutes
How can these few simple ingredients come together to create this amazing bowl of yumminess. I don’t get it but I don’t question perfection. Have included the directions for both pressure cooker (6 min) and stove top (11 min)!
I am fairly new to using the pressure cooker… I put together a bunch of gift cards that I got for Christmas and splurged on the Breville Fast-Slow Cooker. While it is expensive, it has saved me literally HOURS every week!
I have made some incredible meals in it… including chicken from frozen to the table in 15 minutes! If you have been considering one, it was worth the splurge for me! <3 Anyhow, off to the good stuff! Enjoy!
Easy Mac & Cheese in 6 minutes!
- 2 1/2 cups dry macaroni noodles
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (I just used powdered)
- 2 cups grated cheese - use what you have or what is on sale , I use old because… well.. yum!
- 2 oz . cream cheese (approx. 1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp dry mustard
Pressure cooker method (stove top method below):
- Put dry macaroni noodles, 3 cups of water, onion powder, butter, parmesan cheese into an electric pressure cooker
- Set timer for 6 minutes on high pressure.
- Release pressure once completed
- Stir in all cheese ingredients until melted
Stove top method:
- Cook noodles (al dente) according to package directions and drain
- Stir in all remaining ingredients and heat through (you can add a couple of tablespoons of milk to make it creamier)
- Cover and let sit 3 minutes
- Serve and enjoy.. (with a big fat glass of wine)
- I know it seems far too simple to be delicious but trust me on this one
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
6 Minute Mac & Cheese
Note: If you don’t have a pressure cooker, I am sure this recipe would work by just cooking the noodles in the usual manner and adding the cheeses, 1/2 tablespoon of butter and just a pinch of onion powder. Either way… I’m in love.
This recipe is my own version adapted from Great Food Fast because I never do what a recipe says. :)