Easy Beef Burritos are perfect for those nights when you need to get dinner on the table fast. These can be enjoyed right when they’re made or individually frozen for quick and easy meals.
Serve with corn chips and salsa & guacamole, or a simple black bean and corn salad for a nourishing and satisfying meal.
To Make Burritos
From shopping to prep, to presentation, you’ll love how quick ground beef burritos come together.
Burritos are so versatile that you can alter the ingredients however you please.
- Meat: I use ground beef in this recipe but of course you can use ground chicken or turkey or any other kind of ground meat. Ground beef and black bean burritos are equally delicious.
- Cheese: Cheeses offer lots of options too. Shredded cheddar or any Mexican cheeses, such as crumbly Cotija or creamy Oaxaca would all be easy alternatives.
- Tortilla: Flour tortillas will be the easiest to fold but corn tortillas (more on how to fold a burrito here)!
How to Make a Ground Beef Burrito:
- Brown ground beef & onions then stir in the taco seasoning.
- Warm the refried beans and tortillas.
- In the center of each burrito wrap, place a couple of tablespoons of beans and seasoned meat and sprinkle with cheese. Wrap and enjoy.
Burritos can be messy to eat if they aren’t rolled up tightly, so learn how to fold a burrito like a pro to ensure all those yummy filling go into mouths and not onto laps!
How to Wrap the Perfect Burrito
Start by warming the burritos. This will make them a little stretchy and easy to handle.
- Place all the fillings in the center. Don’t overload.
- Fold the burrito. Using your fingertips, fold in one side, then the top and bottom snugly keeping the fillings in the center. Fillings should not squeeze out of the ends.
- Enclose by rolling the final side.
Now you can enjoy a ground beef burrito relatively mess-free!
To Freeze Burritos
If you’re looking for optimal freezer foods for make-ahead convenience, you can’t do any better than burritos. They easily go from freezer to microwave or oven anytime you need a quick lunch, dinner or snack.
- To Freeze: Cool completely, then wrap individually in aluminum foil and pack into freezer bags.
- Defrost Overnight: Remove from the freezer and place in the fridge overnight.
- To Reheat: Burritos can be heated in the microwave 2-3 minutes or baked at 350°F oven for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Burritos will keep for up to four months in the freezer, and can also be refrigerated for up to four days.
More Tex-Mex Meals
- Taco Lasagna – colorful layered entree!
- Pork Carnitas Recipe – tender & succulent pork
- Grilled Steak Fajitas – fresh, easy & delicious
- Easy Ground Beef Tacos – just 5 main ingredients!
- Ground Beef Enchiladas – quick & easy weeknight meal
Favorite Beef Burritos
- 1 pound lean ground beef 80/20
- 1 small yellow onion finely minced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro minced
- 6 12" flour tortillas warmed
- 16 ounces refried beans warmed
- 1 cup colby jack cheese shredded
- In a 12" skillet set over medium-high heat add ground beef and yellow onion.
- Cook the meat until it’s no longer pink and the onions are translucent. Drain any fat.
- Add in the taco seasoning and prepare according to the packet directions.
- When the meat is fully cooked stir in the cilantro and remove from the heat.
- Lay out the flour tortillas and spread a layer of refried beans into the middle of each tortilla.
- Top each tortilla with an equal amount of the meat mixture and shredded cheese.
- Roll up each tortilla burrito-style and enjoy warm.
- Optional: Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add burrito seam side down and cook 2-3 minutes or until slightly browned. Flip over and repeat with the other side.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
My husband really liked these! Thank you
You’re welcome Shawna, so happy to hear that!
Thanks for this recipe. I can’t eat tomatoes any more, but I like beef burritos. This recipe hits the mark. Thanks
So happy you enjoyed it, Judy!