Fresh and fragrant these crispy skinned lemon chicken thighs are a delicious entrée with lots of flavor. We love baked chicken thighs and this citrusy version is an easy weeknight meal.
Made from scratch with just minutes of prep, baked lemon chicken is a simple recipe to impress family or friends without a lot of fuss. Pair it with roasted green beans and potatoes for a hearty and delicious meal!
Why You’ll Love This Chicken
- Extra fast prep, just minutes!
- Fresh and flavorful, doesn’t need many ingredients but packs great flavor.
- Super juicy chicken with crispy skin.
- Pairs well with almost any side from scalloped potatoes to garlic butter rice.
How to Make Lemon Chicken
These fresh chicken thighs come together quickly and easily.
- Combine all ingredients and marinate the chicken.
- Roast until cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F, broil to crisp up the skin if desired.
- Garnish with parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice if desired and serve.
- The rack is optional but helps the chicken crisp on the bottom.
- Be sure to season the chicken generously with salt.
- If you have lemon pepper seasoning in the pantry, use it in place of (or along with) the salt for extra flavor.
- Split chicken breasts will work in this recipe, roast at 425°F for 40-50 minutes.
- Boneless chicken breasts (5-6 oz each) will need to roast at 400°F for 24-27 minutes.
What to Serve with Lemon Chicken
You won’t want to waste one bite of this delicious dish! For any leftovers, store them in an airtight container or zippered bag and either pop in the fridge or freezer to save for later!
- If Refrigerated, the leftovers will last for up to four days.
- If Frozen, leftovers should last up to four months, if you can resist them that long!
When ready to enjoy, thaw in the refrigerator before reheating. Then bake in a 350°F oven for ½ hour or until it reaches the poultry safe temperature of 165°F.
Chicken for Dinner?
- Chicken Piccata – topped with a lemony white wine sauce!
- Oven Baked Chicken Breasts – classic dinner option
- Baked Chicken Thighs – a simple & delicious main dish!
- Roasted Rosemary Chicken – elegantly flavored
- Creamy Lemon Chicken – ready in 30 mins!
Did your family love this Lemon Roasted Chicken? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Crispy Lemon Chicken Thighs
- 1 ½ lbs bone-in chicken thighs with skin approx. 5-6 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon juiced and zested plus extra for serving if desired
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a pan with foil and place a baking rack on top (the rack is optional but helps the bottom crisp).
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Toss well to combine and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Place the chicken thighs on the rack and roast 35-40 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F.
- Broil 2-3 minutes to crisp if desired. Serve with additional lemon wedges.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!