Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars are one of our favorite treats!
We love pecan pie around here (and honestly, what’s not to love?!)! This easy recipe transforms pecan pie into ooey gooey chocolatey squares that are totally irresistible! Every person who has tasted these has requested the recipe!
These squares start out with a buttery shortbread crust which is then topped with a decadent chocolate pecan filling! I make the filling on the stove top but you can also microwave it for about 2 minutes if you prefer. You want the chocolate just about melted when you remove it from the microwave.
More Pecan Pie Inspired Recipes You’ll Love
Items You’ll Need for This Recipe
Chocolate Pecan Bars
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1 cup butter , softened
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups corn syrup (Karo)
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray well with cooking spray.
- Combine crust ingredients with a mixer on medium until crumbly. Press into prepared pan. Bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat corn syrup and chocolate over low heat just until the chocolate is almost melted. Remove from heat.
- Combine sugar, eggs, almond extract and vanilla extract. Whisk into the chocolate mixture. Fold in pecans.
- Pour pecan mixture over crust. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over top.
- Bake 35 minutes or until edges are firm and center is still slightly soft. Cool completely.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)