Today’s post is a really special post!
Blogging is a community and I have made so many amazing friends in the blogosphere! One of those friends is Ashley who blogs over at Center Cut Cook; surely you MUST recognize her world famous Chocolate Lasagna! Ashley really is one of the sweetest kindest people I’ve ever had the privilege of knowing and today I share her story!
Ashley has been married to a great guy, Ryan, for 10 years.. and just one week after learning they were expecting their first child, Ryan was diagnosed with colon cancer at the age of 29. I can’t even imagine what they have been through over the course of this journey. Ashley & Ryan have met each day unimaginable courage and positivity. BUT… there’s more to the story. Months and many chemo treatments later, the gorgeous Mr. Miles was born! Such a wonderfully joyous occasion to see this beautiful family grow!!
And then the unthinkable…
AND THEN… their life changed again in an instant when a seizure left baby Miles diagnosed with a rare and life threatening genetic disease requiring a liver and kidney transplant on their baby boy (Primary Hyperoxaluria Type 1). Life for this family has been filled with hospitals, chemo and dialysis. Baby Miles is now actively waiting for a liver transplant and the call could come at anytime.
What to do?
I wish I were near, I would come by and help Ashley. How I wish I could pitch in with yard work, shopping, housework and a home cooked meal but I can’t. I’m too far away. Instead, I’ve teamed up with some of my absolute favorite blogger friends to bring you this virtual potluck and fundraiser in our friend Ashley’s honor!
Together we can help Ashley & Ryan, (who are self employed), I can only imagine the pile of bills (both medical and other). I am reaching out to you, my friends, my followers and those who enjoy my recipes. Please consider a donation, it doesn’t matter how small or large, to help a truly amazing family… it can be as small as just $1, every little bit helps!
You & I can help!
Be sure to visit the other great bloggers below who have also created yummy dishes in this potluck! And if you could kindly PIN or SHARE this recipe or any of the recipes on this list to help get the word out, I would be ever so grateful!
Don’t forget to scroll down and check out all of the other yumminess in this ‘virtual potluck’!
More amazing meals in this Potluck to make and share
- Sugar Dish Me made this Easy Chicken Broccoli Bake
- That Skinny Chick Can Bake made Mexican Chicken Manicotti
- Food faith & Fitness made a Paleo Casserole with Turkey, Peppers, Zucchini, and Tomato
- Wishes & Dishes made this Creamy Chicken Tetrazzini
- Frugal Foodie Mama made Pizza Pierogi Casserole
- Snappy Gourmet made Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Casserole
- Miss in the Kitchen made a Chicken and Mushroom Tortellini Bake
- Life, Love, and Good Food made this Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
- Bless This Mess made Quick and Easy Summer Chicken Salad
- Mandy’s Recipe Box collected 30 Freezer Meals
- Hugs and Cookies made Baked Parmesan Meatball Casserole
- Barbara Bakes made this Veal & Wild Mushroom Stew
- A Cedar Spoon made Sausage, Roasted Red Pepper, & Gouda Macaroni & Cheese
- It’s Yummi made an Easy Cheese & Sausage Pizza Bake
- A Family Feast made these Easy Freezer Meatballs
- Stuck on Sweet made Homemade Goulash
- Two Healthy Kitchens made a 5-Ingredient Easy Pasta Bake
- It Bakes Me Happy made a Peach Skillet Galette
Chicken Noodle Casserole (From Scratch)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 ½ cups celery sliced
- 1 ½ cups carrots sliced
- 6 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- pepper to taste
- 3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth ready to serve
- 1 cup milk
- 4 oz cream cheese block, not spreadable
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 package medium egg noodles 15 oz
- 4 cups cooked chicken
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas
- ¼ cup red pepper finely diced
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ⅔ cup Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to a large saucepan. Cook onion, celery & carrot until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour, thyme, pepper and poultry seasoning and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add milk and broth. Cook over medium heat until bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese & cheddar cheese until melted and smooth.
- Cook noodles 1 minute less than directed on the package. Drain. Combine chicken, noodles, red pepper, peas, and sauce. Pour into a greased 9×13 pan. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over noodles.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Please stop by and check out these other DELICIOUS recipes made for this pot luck!
And stop by to visit Ashley, Ryan & Miles to offer words of love and encouragement… and if you can, any amount you’re able to donate.
Follow Team Ryan on Facebook for the latest updates
Visit Ryan, Ashley & Miles on You Caring for encouragement &/or donations
Read About Ryan’s Diagnosis Here
Read About Miles’ Diagnosis Here