This is a big beautiful bowl of yumminess that just warms you from the inside out. You can use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken in this recipe or just fry up a couple of chicken breasts.
I like to choose tomatoes that are just barely ripe. I find the tart flavor adds a nice balance to the sweet corn!
Chicken Corn Chowder with Bacon!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1 lb tomatoes , diced (about 2 cups)
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 small onions , diced
- 2 stalks celery , diced
- 2 carrots , diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 can (14 oz) of creamed corn
- 1 can (12 oz) corn, drained
- dash of hot sauce
- 2 cups cooked chicken , shredded or chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Dice tomatoes and place in a strainer to drain while preparing the rest of the recipe.
- Fry bacon until crisp and crumble. Set aside half for garnish. Remove all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat. Add onions, celery, garlic and carrots. Cook until onions are slightly softened but not browned. Add flour & thyme and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add broth and milk all at once. Whisk over medium heat until it thickens and becomes bubbly. Add all remaining ingredients including 1/2 of the bacon. Let simmer 10 minutes.
- Garnish with remaining bacon.
Inspired by The Looneyspoons Collection.