These moist, swirly red velvet cheesecake brownies are a yummy shortcut dessert!
A box of red velvet cake mix and sweetened cream cheese are swirled together to bake up into a fudgy cheesecake brownie.
Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
- Who can resist the perfect combination of brownies and cheesecake in one delicious bar?
- Boxed cake mix is used for an easier and quicker dessert!
- No need to frost these delicious dream bars, the swirly, marble effect is delicious on its own!
Ingredients and Variations
CAKE MIX: Red velvet cake gives this recipe its colorful look. Switch it up with devil’s food, chocolate fudge, or make a fun, birthday-inspired dessert and use confetti cake mix.
CHEESECAKE: One egg, sugar, and a dash of vanilla mixed with the cream cheese is a secret “cheesecake cheat” for light and fluffy results every time! Experiment with extracts like orange, lemon, banana, rum, or almond, and then garnish accordingly (ex: lemon extract with lemon zest, banana with a garnish of sliced bananas).
TOPPINGS: Make red velvet cheesecake brownies Insta-worthy by topping with a layer of crushed Oreo cookies or grated chocolate or colorful jimmies! Or drizzle Easy Caramel Sauce, Melted Chocolate, or chocolate syrup over the top before adding them to the buffet table!
How to Make Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
With cake mix, fancy brownies just got easier to make:
- Make cake mix and spread in a 9”x9” pan.
- Using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese with egg and vanilla (per recipe below).
- Drop cheesecake mix over the cake batter and swirl with a knife.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.
Cool completely before cutting.
How to Store Brownies
Red velvet cheesecake brownies can be stored covered at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Freeze bars in zippered bags with the date labeled on the outside for up to 4 weeks.
More Red Velvet Favorites
- Red Velvet Cookies – only 4 ingredients
- Easy Red Velvet Cheesecake – so rich and creamy
- Gooey Red Velvet Pudding Cake – a family favorite
Did you make these Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Red Velvet Brownies
- 1 box red velvet cake mix 432 g/15.25 ounce box
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
Cream Cheese Mixture
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper.
- Combine cake mix, oil, milk, and egg together and mix until fully incorporated.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar with a hand mixer until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, mix until incorporated.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture onto the batter. Gently swirl the two mixtures together using a knife.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)