I came up with this recipe the other night during a HUGE craving for dessert! They were so incredibly delicious I literally could not stop eating them!
I like to make “cheater” cream cheese frosting because I find it has more of a cream cheese flavor than store bought cream cheese frosting and it is easy. When rolling out the second part of the dough for this recipe, I did it on parchment paper and then put small pieces at a time on top of the cheesecake filling (it looked kind of like a patchwork quilt).
Cheesecake Filled Red Velvet Brownies
- 1 Box Red Velvet Cake mix
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¾ cup butter
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- parchment paper
- 1 jar of vanilla frosting & 8 oz cream cheese OR
- 1 jar of cream cheese frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom only of a 9x13 pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to a ⅓ cup measuring cup, top to ⅓ cup with milk and set aside. (The milk will thicken)
- With a mixer, combine cake mix, butter, and sour milk mixture. This will create a very thick dough (like cookie dough).
- Put half into the pan and press to cover the bottom (if you add a little butter to your hands, this will help). Bake in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 8oz cream cheese, ½ cup sugar and one egg. Mix until combined.
- Remove brownies from the oven and pour the cream cheese mixture over top.
- For the remaining half of the dough, roll it between 2 pieces of parchment paper to the approximate size of your pan. Use a spatula to pick up pieces of the dough and cover the top of the cream cheese.
- Place pan back into the oven for 22 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely before cutting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- With a mixer, combine vanilla frosting and cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)