Everyone loves an easy dessert dip and this cannoli dip tops the list.
A delicious blend of cream cheese, ricotta cheese, and chocolate chips make the perfect dippable dessert that tastes just like a cannoli!
A Delicious Dessert Dip
Cannoli are a Sicilian dessert consisting of a crispy pastry filled with a flavored ricotta cheese filling.
- Quick and Easy: This dip is a sweet treat that’s fast to prepare.
- Simple Ingredients: With just a few minutes of prep and a handful of ingredients, you’ll be making this on repeat.
- Customizable: Change it up with different additions like crushed pistachios, lemon zest, or extracts. Serve with different dippers every time.
Ingredients for Cannoli Dip
- Cream Cheese – Use a block of full fat cream cheese or, if you have it, try mascarpone cheese.
- Ricotta Cheese – Ricotta cheese is used in cannoli filling and adds flavor to this dip too. Be sure to drain it well or the dip will be runny.
- Flavor – Vanilla extract is the traditional choice, but try almond extract or amaretto flavoring, orange zest, finely diced strawberries, lemon zest, or coconut!
- Chocolate Chips – Mini chocolate chips are always welcome in traditional cannolis, and this dip is no different! Don’t forget to sprinkle some on top for a pretty garnish!
How to Make Cannoli Dip
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla, and ricotta.
- Last, stir in the mini chocolate chips (if desired) and chill the dip for an hour.
- Serve with your favorite dippers and enjoy!
Dippers for Cannoli Dip
It’s easy to think of a million things to try! Pizzelle cookies or mini cannoli shells are favorites.
- Strawberries or apple slices
- Pizzelles, broken-up waffle cones or sugar cones
- Graham crackers, chocolate chip cookies, or biscotti
- All time fave…Bellino Mini Cannoli Shells
Storing Creamy Cannoli Dip
This cannoli dip recipe can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
What’s your favorite dipper for Cannoli Dip? Leave us a comment below!
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 ½ cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips divided
- waffle cones or graham crackers for serving
- Line a mesh strainer with cheesecloth and add the ricotta cheese. Let drain for about 10 minutes or gently press with a spoon to remove excess liquid.
- Add the cream cheese to a medium bowl and whip with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Mix in the drained ricotta, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Fold in ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a lid and chill for 30 minutes. Top with remaining chocolate chips to serve.
- Serve with waffle cone pieces, graham crackers, or fruit.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.