Breakfast tacos are an easy morning favorite! Soft flour or corn tortillas are filled with fluffy scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese, and all of our favorite taco toppings!
Add in your own favorite parts of breakfast like sausage or onions and tuck them into warmed tortillas!
Favorite Quick & Easy Breakfast
It’s a crowd-pleaser! Grown-ups and kids alike love tacos! And what better way to start the day than with breakfast tacos?
These can be made in advance and popped into a lunchbox or backpack to be eaten on the way to work or school or quickly reheated throughout the week!
Economical? You bet! Eggs and cheese are not only easy on the budget, but super filling and nutritious!
The breakfast basics are all here in this recipe!
Use whole eggs but use carton egg whites or even egg substitute if that’s what you prefer!
Sharp cheddar is my favorite, but any cheese will work great. Try Mozza, Monterey Jack, or crumbled cotija!
Warm corn or flour tortillas are used to wrap up all those eggs, cheese & bacon into a taco!
VARIATIONS The sky is the limit when it comes to add-ins and toppings!
How to Make Breakfast Tacos
One of the reasons why breakfast tacos are so popular is because they are so easy to make!
- Keep corn or flour tortillas warm in aluminum foil.
- Cook eggs until they are just barely cooked, and still shiny. Top with cheese.
- Top with bacon, sour cream, and salsa, then wrap!
PRO TIP: Freeze extra scrambled eggs to use for future breakfast tacos! Place scrambled eggs, bacon, and cheese in a zippered bag with the date on it and freeze for up to one month! Easy to thaw and reheat in the microwave and add to fresh tortillas or even serve with toast!
Yummy Breakfast Recipes
- French Toast Roll Ups – kids love these
- Homemade Eggs Benedict – perfect for brunch
- Classic Breakfast Sandwich – make-ahead
- Overnight Sausage Breakfast Casserole – loaded with fresh veggies
- Blueberry Pancakes – 10 minute cook time
Did you love these Breakfast Tacos? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup finely diced bell pepper
- 2 green onions sliced, whites and greens divided
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 8 small corn or flour tortillas warmed
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup salsa
- Whisk eggs and milk with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Wrap in foil to keep warm.
- Melt butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the whites of the green onions and the bell peppers. Cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs and scramble until set but still shiny.
- Divide eggs over tortillas. Sprinkle cheese over top and cover for 1 minute to allow cheese to melt (or broil 1 minute if desired).
- Top with crumbled bacon, sour cream, salsa and desired toppings.
- Serve immediately.