Breakfast tacos are an easy morning favorite!
Soft flour or corn tortillas are filled with fluffy scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese, and all of our favorite taco toppings!
Add in your own favorite parts of breakfast like sausage or onions and tuck them into warmed tortillas!
Favorite Quick & Easy Breakfast
- It’s a crowd-pleaser! Grown-ups and kids alike love tacos! And what better way to start the day than with breakfast tacos?
- These can be made in advance and popped into a lunchbox or backpack to be eaten on the way to work or school or quickly reheated throughout the week!
- Economical? You bet! Eggs and cheese are not only easy on the budget but super filling and nutritious!
Ingredients for Breakfast Tacos
EGGS We use whole eggs in this recipe but carton egg whites or even egg substitutes will work too if that’s what you prefer!
CHEESE Sharp cheddar is my favorite, but any cheese will work great. Try Mozza, Monterey Jack, or crumbled cotija!
TORTILLAS Warm corn or flour tortillas are used to wrap up all those eggs, cheese & bacon into a taco!
Add-ins: Diced veggies, tomatoes, refried beans or black beans, cooked hashbrowns or potatoes.
How to Make Breakfast Tacos
One of the reasons why breakfast tacos are so popular is because they are so easy to make!
- Keep corn or flour tortillas warm in aluminum foil.
- Cook eggs until they are just barely cooked, and still shiny. Top with cheese.
- Top with your favorite toppings like bacon and green onion.
Make Ahead Breakfast Meals
Did you love these Breakfast Tacos? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup bell pepper finely diced
- 2 green onions sliced, whites and greens divided
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 8 small corn or flour tortillas warmed
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup salsa
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and milk with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Wrap in foil to keep warm.
- In a medium non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the whites of the green onions and the bell peppers. Cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the egg mixture and scramble gently until set but still shiny.
- Divide eggs over tortillas. Sprinkle cheese over top and cover for 1 minute to allow the cheese to melt (or broil in the oven for 1 minute if desired).
- Top with the tops of the green onions and your favorite toppings like crumbled bacon.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!