Blueberry banana muffins are extra moist and filled with sweet and fruity goodness!
Make this easy recipe and bring together the best of both worlds! Blueberries add a pop of freshness while ripe bananas make these a little sweet and extra moist.
Easy Blueberry Banana Muffins
This recipe is so simple to pull together that it can even be made for a quick breakfast!
- Fresh or frozen will work in this recipe. If using frozen berries, they do not need to defrost first but the muffins may need a few minutes extra to cook.
- Frozen blueberries may discolor the batter but still taste great.
- Toss blueberries with a spoonful of flour before adding to the batter. This helps distribute them evenly throughout the batter
- Add in raspberries or blackberries along with (or in place of) blueberries!
How to Make Blueberry Banana Muffins
Homemade blueberry banana muffins couldn’t be easier to make!
- Mix wet and dry ingredients separately.
- Mix them together just until combined. Fold in flour-coated blueberries.
- Bake (per recipe below) until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
PRO TIP: Coating fruit in flour before mixing it in keeps the fruit from “bleeding” into the batter and turning everything blue. It also helps to keep berries from sinking to the bottom of the muffins!
- Do not overmix the batter, overmixing can cause muffins to be dense and chewy instead of fluffy.
- Allow muffins to cool right inside the muffin tin wells a few minutes before cooling on a rack.
- Muffins can be stored in an airtight container on the counter for 4 to 5 days.
- These are great to make-ahead and freeze up to 4 months.
Delicious Muffins to Try!
- Banana Muffins
- Morning Glory Muffins – packed with fruit & nuts
- Rhubarb Muffins – with a cinnamon-spice crumble
- Banana Nut Crunch Muffins – with pecan streusel
- Blueberry Muffins
- Raisin Bran Muffins – healthy & delicious
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins – with a glaze
- Strawberry Muffins
Did you try these Blueberry Banana Muffins? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Blueberry Banana Muffins
- 1 ½ cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon flour to toss with blueberries
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas about 3
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice more as needed
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Toss blueberries with 1 tablespoon of flour and set aside.
- Whisk dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine bananas, sugar, melted butter, egg, and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and mix just until combined. (Do not overmix)
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly over 10 muffin wells.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Once cooled, mix glaze ingredients until smooth adding additional lemon juice to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over muffins.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!