I love avocado and pretty much anything containing avocado!
This is definitely one of our go to summer lunch or dinner items! Something about enjoying a club sandwich on the deck with a glass of ice cold tea! All of those deliciously fresh ingredients… ripe juicy tomatoes, crisp lettuce and creamy avocado!
This isn’t just any ol’ club sandwich though, I’ve created an amazing mayo and brought in the grill; the results are amazing!! Mouthwatering juicy grilled chicken topped with avocado, fresh tomatoes, bacon and an incredibly delicious mayo! Hungry yet? Me too!
California Avocado Chicken Club Sandwich
- 8 slice bacon cooked crisp
- 1 avocado large, ripe
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tomatoes small-medium
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bread or 4 rolls, lightly toasted
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoons dill fresh
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine mayonnaise, dijon and dill. Set aside.
- Rub chicken with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Grill over medium-high heat about 7-9 minutes or until cooked through (instant read thermometer should read 165°F). (Or pan fry about 5-6 minutes on each side).
- Lay out ½ of the toasted bread/rolls. Mash avocado, garlic & lemon juice in a small bowl, add salt to taste.
- Divide avocado over bread. Top with tomato, chicken, bacon, cheese and mayonnaise.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!