10 Things to do with old Magazines!
Pin it to SAVE it and SHARE it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Magazines. Magazines. Magazines. If you’re like many North Americans they’re cluttering your counters and wasting space in bathroom baskets. You may hate to throw them out because you’re environmentally conscious or just a bit of a pack rat. Either way, here are some great ideas for recycling or reusing those piles of old “Glamour” and “Sports Illustrated” that you surely have.
- Collages with your kids! Make fun and easy craft projects with magazines, glue and construction paper. Let them make a collage that describes their personality and learn a little bit about them!
- Wrapping Paper. Use old magazines to wrap gifts. The paper will be vibrant, glossy and beautiful. The recipient will be delighted!
- Scavenger hunt. Play a scavenger hunt with your kids or your spouse and friends. Somebody shouts a random item and everyone searches a pile of magazines until they find it! (We actually play this game to pass time at the Dr.’s office too!)
- Make Jewellery: There are tons of cool ideas online for making jewellery out of magazines… like these paper beads (I’ve made them before, they’re easy!) and look so pretty nobody would ever guess they were paper!
- Donate them: Leave them at the hospital in the waiting room or take them to the women’s shelter where surely somebody will appreciate reading them. The library will often accept donations of magazines in good condition… or even a daycare for arts & crafts!
- Keep your boots upright: Roll up old magazines and place them in your boots to store them upright.
- Create a play scene: Cut out the landscapes or scenery from old magazines and catalogs to build playscapes such as this adorable play house!
- Make a recipe book: Get a coiled scrapbook and each time you see a recipe you want to try in a magazine, add it to the scrapbook. You’ll have a book full of yummy inspiration!
- Create a Dream Board. Use magazine clippings to create a bulletin board of your dreams, aspirations and goals.
- Nail Art: Use magazines to make some seriously cool nail art! I can’t wait to try this out!
- Create a “Year In Review” Book. You can use old magazines to create a scrapbook of the past year so that later on people will be able to read and reflect.
Magazines are typically filled with very beautiful, vibrant images and can be used to create art, wrap gifts or do tons of other things. Get creative. Think outside of the box and have fun. Get your kids involved, as well, to help teach them the value of recycling and reusing rather than simply throwing away old or used items.