Grilled Mac and Cheese Sandwich
How to Make Grilled Mac and Cheese Sandwich
Pin now to save it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This Grilled Mac and Cheese Sandwich is an awesome sandwich combining two childhood favorites! Grilled Mac & Cheese makes an awesome lunchtime treat! Pair it up with tomato soup for a perfect meal! This is like a sandwich truck type of food! They’re amazing, and you know kids will go crazy for these!
These sandwiches would be delicious with pulled pork! They’re such a good marriage of two comfort foods!!
Items you’ll need for this recipe:
* Nonstick Skillet * Macaroni & Cheese * Cheese slices *
Grilled Mac & Cheese Sandwich
This Grilled Mac and Cheese Sandwich is an awesome sandwich combining two childhood favorites! Grilled Mac & Cheese makes an awesome lunchtime treat! Pair it up with tomato soup for a perfect meal!
- 4 slices Sourdough (or other dense bread)
- 8 slices American or Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 cups leftover Macaroni & Cheese
- Quick Stove top Macaroni & Cheese
- Over medium heat, warm 3/4 cup of mac & cheese In a small nonstick skillet. Once warm (about 3-4 minutes), shape mac & cheese into a square about the size of the bread and top with 2 slices of cheese. Turn off heat.
- Butter 2 slices of bread and place both slices butter side down in another skillet over medium heat.
- Top one of the bread slices with 2 slices cheese. When lightly browned turn off heat. Use spatula to transfer mac & cheese rectangle onto cheese covered bread in the skillet.
- Cover with the other bread slice, toasted side up. Gently press together with spatula and transfer to a plate. Serve immediately.
Here are a few more recipes you’ll love