Crock Pot Creamed Corn is a sweet, creamy, and delicious addition to any table!
Creamed corn is a family favorite for us and we love this being able to put this version in the slow cooker early in the day. This recipe goes from ordinary to extraordinary by adding rich cheesy flavor.
Why We Love This
- It cooks in the slow cooker making it effortless at mealtime.
- It’s prepped ahead of time (up to 48 hours in advance).
- You can use fresh, frozen, or canned corn.
- Blending some of the corn adds a creamy texture without extra starches.
- Fresh ingredients mean a fresh flavor.
CORN Use fresh corn off the cob, frozen, or canned. We love frozen corn since it’s picked and packed at the peak of freshness.
DAIRY Milk and cream cheese add extra creaminess while sharp cheddar adds flavor.
FLAVOR We love the addition of jalapeno peppers but if you’re looking for a mild flavor, swap it out for a small can of drained green chiles.
Additional flavors can be added with green onions or crumbled bacon if desired.
PRO TIP: When dicing jalapenos, cut them in half from the stem to the bottom with a paring knife. Carefully cut out the pithy ribs and remove the seeds (for a less spicy flavor). Cut each half into another half and then finely dice. The smaller the pieces (and the fewer seeds) the milder the flavor.
How to Make Crock Pot Creamed Corn
- Blend some of the corn with cream cheese and milk (this makes it extra creamy).
- Place all ingredients except cheddar & butter (per recipe below) in a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours.
- Stir in cheddar cheese & cook until cheese is fully melted.
Tips for Success
- Use a 4qt slow cooker for this recipe.
- Ensure frozen corn is thawed before adding to the slow cooker. Place it in a strainer and run it under hot water to thaw quickly.
How to Store
Keep Crock Pot creamed corn in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat on the stovetop.
Freeze chilled leftovers in zippered bags with the date on them and they’ll keep for about 4 weeks. Cook from frozen in a pan on the stove on low heat.
Slow Cooker Sides Dishes
- Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
- Crock Pot Scalloped Potatoes
- Crock Pot Corn on the Cob
- No Boil Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
- Crock Pot Stuffing
Did you make this Crock Pot Creamed Corn? Be sure to leave us a rating and a comment below!
Crock Pot Creamed Corn
- ¼ cup butter divided
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely diced, optional
- 4 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 2 pounds frozen corn thawed
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- If using jalapeno, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add jalapeno and cook until tender.
- Combine 1 cup of corn with ½ cup milk and cream cheese in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese mixture and remaining ingredients except for shredded cheese and butter to a 4 qt slow cooker. Mix well.
- Turn the slow cooker on to high and cook for 2-3 hours (or on low 4-5 hours) or until melted and creamy.
- Stir in remaining butter and cheddar cheese and cook an additional 5-10 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.