Love it? Pin it to your DESSERT board to save it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
I love these guys! They were simple to make and super yummy!
I may be aging myself here but… do you remember being a kid.. the OLD Apple Pies from McDonalds before they were baked? When they were crispy deep fried instead of flaky? I loved those… and I miss those! THESE taste like those!
I don’t deep fry very often so to fry these I put about 3/4″ of vegatable oil in a frying pan and just cooked them a couple of minutes on each side until they were browned.
I used apples fresh off of our apple tree and they were quite soft. A softer variety of apple is preferred for this recipe as they don’t take very long to cook! Be sure to cut your apples small. If you use a harder variety of apple (such as granny smith) they may still be crisp when you cooke the egg rolls. Although I did not precook my filling, it can be put in the microwave for a minute or so and cooled before filling to slightly soften the apples if preferred.
Or even better… Make your own Homemade Apple Pie Filling and use it to fill these!! Delish and easy!
Serves: 12 Apple Pie Egg Rolls
- 3 cups apples, peeled and diced (approx. 3 apples)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons flour
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 12 Egg Roll Wrappers
- Oil for Frying
- Combine all filling ingredients and mix well.
- Place 2 heaping tablespoons of filling in the center of each wrapper. Fold in the sides and roll the wrapper tightly. Use a dab of water to secure the tip of the wrapper.
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees. Fry each egg roll for about 4-5 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm.
This recipe was designed and created by Holly and inspired by the crazy thoughts in my head and the fresh apples on the counter! The filling was adapted from Pillsbury!