Overripe bananas usually become banana bread… Don’t get me wrong, banana bread is wonderful, but sometimes I just want something different!!
This Banana Pudding Cake creates a soft fluffy cake with a delicious sauce! This cake doesn’t actually contain pudding, a pudding cake usually refers to a cake that bakes up with a yummy sauce underneath… and this one is no exception. We love this one served warm and topped with ice cream (and sometimes we sneak a little caramel sauce on top too!)
This pudding cake can be made in either a 1.5 or 2 qt casserole dish.
Items You’ll Need for This Recipe
Banana Pudding Cake!
- 3 eggs separated
- ⅓ cup butter softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add 3 tablespoons sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine ⅓ cup sugar, butter, egg yolks, 2 mashed bananas, vanilla, and lemon juice until well combined. Mix in flour and baking powder.
- Gently fold in beaten egg whites. Spread into a casserole dish.
- Top with brown sugar. Blend together 1 cup of hot water and remaining ripe banana. Bring to a boil over medium heat (on the stove or in the microwave). Pour over brown sugar. DO NOT STIR.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)