What could be more cute than a layered punch to serve up on Halloween? It’s really simple to make, looks adorable, and tastes great! This is an especially fun recipe for kids!
The key to making this halloween punch recipe work is to look at the sugar content on each item you are pouring! You want to go from the highest sugar content on the bottom, to the least sugar on the top in order to keep the layers separate! If you feel the colors are not rich enough, adding a drop or two of food coloring can help and won’t affect the layering.
When you pour each layer, be sure to pour very slowly over an ice cube or over the back of a spoon. The slower you can pour, the better.
It’s best if these are made just before serving! The layers will stay separated for a bit however the ice will begin to melt.
Choose whichever colors you like best for your gathering… green, purple, orange, white. Note: This seems to work best with non-carbonated drinks.
Items you’ll need for this recipe
* Drink Pitcher * Ice * Kool-aid mix*
TRICK OR TREAT HALLOWEEN PUNCH!
- Equal amounts of 3 colored beverages with various sugar amounts
- Kool-aid, Gatorade and G2 or another sugar free/low sugar drink are great options
- Fill each glass, cup or bottle or your drink container to the very top with ice.
- Read each of your labels to see which drink has the highest sugar content, this will go in the glass first. Tip the glass/container to the side and slowly pour your first layer until your glass is 1/3 full.
- Choose your second highest sugar content and pour very slowly ensuring you are pouring over an ice cube to avoid mixing. Fill to 2/3 full.
- Repeat with your remaining layer.
- Serve and enjoy!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)