There is nothing as great as coming home to a meal ready to eat! This amazing roast cooks up in the slow cooker all day! The result is the most tender roast with a delicious and flavorful gravy!
We’ve eaten this with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies but it is also amazing sliced thinly and eaten as a beef dip! Either way, you’ll love how this simple dish can taste so amazing!
Slow Cooker Rosemary Beef Roast
- 1 cross rib roast (about 4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 sprigs Rosemary fresh
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- ¼ cup cornstarch (you may not use all of it)
- Beef broth or water
- Season roast with salt, pepper & parsley. Place olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Sear the roast on all sides until browned. Remove from pan and place in slow cooker.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add onions to the pan, just until softened. Place onions on top of roast. Add broth, soy & Worcestershire to the pan and stir up any browned bits left in the bottom. Add to slow cooker along with garlic & rosemary sprigs.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours or until tender. Remove roast and let sit 15 minutes before cutting.
- Strain juices from slow cooker to remove rosemary/onions. Skim any fat from the top.
- Pour into a saucepan over medium high heat and bring to a boil. In a small glass make a slurry of 3 tablespoons cornstarch and ½ cup COLD water or beef broth.
- With the broth boiling, add some of the slurry mixture while constantly stirring. Once gravy has reached desired consistency, season with salt/pepper to taste and let bubble gently for 2 minutes.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)