These pizza puffs are not only delicious, they’re quick and easy to whip up! The texture is nice and fluffy with a cheesy flavor!
I added red pepper and pepperoni but you can definitely add in your favorite toppings. If you add in extra veggies (such as mushrooms) with a high water content, be sure to cook them first.
Be sure to grease your pan VERY well, or they will stick! To release them from the pan, run a butter knife around the edges of each puff and gently lift them out!
Easy Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Puffs
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheese (mozza or cheddar, I used a mix)
- ¾ cup mini pepperoni or cooked sausage
- ½ red or green pepper finely diced
- ½ teaspoon each basil & garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon oregano
- 4 mozzarella cheese strings
- ½ cup store-bought pizza sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a muffin pan very well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and spices in a bowl. Add in milk and egg and stir until combined.
- Stir in shredded cheese, red pepper and pepperoni. Allow mixture to stand for 10 minutes.
- Divide among the muffin wells. Cut each cheese string into 3 pieces and gently press 1 piece into the center of each muffin.
- Bake until lightly browned and puffed, about 20 minutes.
- Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More great Pizza Inspired recipes you’ll love!
Adapted from Rachael Ray!