These pizza puffs are not only delicious, they’re quick and easy to whip up! The texture is nice and fluffy with a cheesy flavor!
I added red pepper and pepperoni but you can definitely add in your favorite toppings. If you add in extra veggies (such as mushrooms) with a high water content, be sure to cook them first.
Be sure to grease your pan VERY well, or they will stick! To release them from the pan, run a butter knife around the edges of each puff and gently lift them out!
PEPPERONI PIZZA PUFFS
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheese (mozza or cheddar, I used a mix)
- 3/4 cup mini pepperoni or cooked sausage
- 1/2 red or green pepper finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon each basil & garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 4 mozzarella cheese strings
- 1/2 cup store-bought pizza sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a muffin pan very well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and spices in a bowl. Add in milk and egg and stir until combined.
- Stir in shredded cheese, red pepper and pepperoni. Allow mixture to stand for 10 minutes.
- Divide among the muffin wells. Cut each cheese string into 3 pieces and gently press 1 piece into the center of each muffin.
- Bake until lightly browned and puffed, about 20 minutes.
- Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping.
More great Pizza Inspired recipes you’ll love!
Adapted from Rachael Ray!