This post is sponsored by Walmart and SheKnows Media.
Entertaining and parties can be a breeze with a little bit of planning!
Take the work out of your next gathering with some simple tips and a quick trip to Walmart!
Your next get together is as effortless as adding a sprinkle of fresh herbs and creating simple sauces for dipping!
Entertaining is definitely my favorite part of any holiday!
Having both friends and family in my home to share food, drink and conversation is truly what we celebrate.
It seems our lives are busier and more hectic than ever so I always look forward to a chance to put my feet up and to reconnect with everyone!
These days we always have somewhere to be, soccer practice, parent meetings or work events.
Trying to squeeze in all of the holiday errands (like shopping, planning and decorating) in addition to the regular household chores makes this time of year seem extra busy!
Over the last few years I’ve decided to try to spend more time focusing on things that really matter during the holidays (time with my loved ones) and less time on the things that aren’t so important.
We frequently have get togethers during this time of year so I do a lot of entertaining. While I love cooking and prepping snacks for my guests, I sometimes find that I’m spending hours searching for the perfect appetizer recipes, shopping for ingredients and then finally preparation and presentation.
I would really rather spend that time hanging out with my guests or even enjoying a cup of tea in front of the Christmas tree!
The last couple of years, at the beginning of holiday season, I’ve started stocking my freezer with prepared appetizers. When guests come by unexpectedly, I’m able to grab an appetizer or two from the freezer, and place them into the oven. While they’re baking, I love to mix up a quick and easy dip or two and add a sprinkle of fresh herbs; for example – fresh dill and lemon wedges are perfect with these Great Value Mini Crab Cakes!
This makes entertaining so easy and allows me to relax and enjoy the holidays just as much as our guests!
Party Prep Tips
If you do any amount of entertaining, the key is making it easy is to be prepared!
- Stock your freezer, fridge and pantry with party foods. You will thank yourself when guests stop by and you have snacks to serve without a trip to the store!
- Choose menu items that require little preparation. Frozen appetizers with a simple dip saves you time (and your sanity)!
- Keep pretty holiday disposable plates, cutlery and napkins on hand for quick and easy clean up.
- Line all of your baking pans and dishes with parchment paper to ensure your food doesn’t stick and clean up is a breeze!
- Fresh Herbs such as parsley, cilantro or even green onion not only add a fresh flavour to frozen appetizers, they’re the perfect way to dress up any snack.
- Adding simple and easy dips to a tray of appetizers makes for a fun and yummy snack! Be sure to use bright and eye catching serving dishes to make your snack table fun!
So now you have the basics for a great party, what’s next? Head to your local Walmart to stock up on all the items you will need for a successful party this season!
Start in the freezer section and pick up quality frozen appetizers to stock your freezer.
Great Value Sweet & Spicy Bacon Wrapped Chicken and Great Value Mini Crab Cakes are a couple of our favorites! The Sweet & Spicy Bacon Wrapped Chicken appetizers are made with white meat and crisp smoky bacon and they taste like homemade!
Next stop by the produce area to grab fresh herbs for garnishing (I also added some mini lemon wedges to go with our Mini Crab Cakes) and finally find some fun sauces for dipping!
You can use store-bought sauces and serve them just as is (stir in a few fresh herbs to make them special) or combine two sauces to create your own (recipes below)! And while you’re there, you can grab a few meats and cheeses for a charcuterie board!
Walmart carries everything you’ll need for entertaining so while you’re there be sure to add napkins, paper plates and cutlery to your cart! And don’t forget the parchment paper! Be sure and check out The The Pioneer Woman collection for some special serving dishes and platters!
Walmart is your one stop to get everything you need for your festive parties this season!
Easy Dip Recipes
Lemon Dill Aoili
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
Spicy Barbecue Sauce
- ½ cup Great Value Barbecue Sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce or to taste
Ranch Barbecue Sauce
- ¼ cup Great Value Barbecue Sauce original
- ¼ cup Great Value Ranch Salad Dressing
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- Combine desired dips in a small bowl.
- Allow 15 minutes to blend flavors before serving.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
I am excited to have partnered with Walmart & SheKnows Media to bring you this post. While I was compensated, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Working with great brands I love allows me to keep bringing you the great recipes you love!
More Recipes You’ll Love