This delicious Italian Sausage Linguine is one of my all time favorite pasta recipes! The extra step of roasting the fresh tomatoes and peppers just takes the flavors to a new level! I love roasted tomatoes on pasta or in soup!
I’ve used linguine in this recipe but it’s delicious on any shape of pasta. Sprinkle in a few red pepper flakes to add a little zip and if possible, don’t skip the fresh herbs and parmesan cheese. They make this dish extra special! It’s hard to believe that it’s so easy to make an amazing restaurant quality dish so easily at home!
Sausage & Roasted Pepper Linguine
- 1 lb italian sausage (hot or mild), casings removed
- 1 onion slivered
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 fresh tomatoes diced
- 2 red peppers seeded and diced
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (or to taste)
- ¼ cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- 12 oz linguine
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large bowl, combine red peppers, fresh tomatoes, olive oil and italian seasoning.
- Place on a foil lined pan and roast 10 minutes, stir and roast an additional 15 minutes or until edges are slightly charred.
- Combine italian sausage, onion and garlic in a large pan. Cook until sausage is cooked through. Drain any fat.
- Stir in diced tomatoes (undrained), crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. Let simmer uncovered about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add in roasted tomatoes & peppers and parmesan cheese. Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper to taste and cover.
- Cook linguine al dente according to package directions. Drain, toss with sauce and parsley.
- Top with fresh basil and additional parmesan cheese if desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)