Irish Potato Candy is not Irish and does not contain potatoes! :)
They are a delicious creamy coconutty treat that are rolled in cinnamon… this makes them look like little potatoes. They are a really popular treat around St. Patricks day… so if you love coconut, you’ve got to give these a try!
You can replace the cinnamon for powdered cocoa or even try dipping them in chocolate instead!!
Irish Potato Candy
- 4 ozs of softened cream cheese
- ½ Cup of butter softened
- 4 Cups of confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 Cups of coconut flakes
- ¼ Cup of cinnamon
- Using a mixer cream together the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla extract.
- Add your confectioners’ sugar slowly to the bowl and continue to beat with your mixer, once all the sugar is added you will have thick dough.
- Using a wooden spoon or your hands add in the coconut and mix well.
- Take a small about of the dough in your hand and roll it into a ball. (Think about how you would roll play dough.) The ball should be a bit bigger than a marble.
- Pour your cinnamon into a bowl and put the rolled balls in to the dish a few at a time to coat with cinnamon.
- Refrigerate the Irish Potato Candy for up to a week.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)