This hot turkey sandwich recipe is one of my absolute favorite dinners!
Tender slices of turkey are simmered in gravy and spooned over toasted bread for an easy and savory open-faced sandwich.
Leftover Turkey Sandwich
A hot turkey sandwich is, hands down, my favorite way to enjoy leftovers. I always serve it with oven fries.
- This dish is all about the leftovers! Keep it simple or dress it up with extra leftovers
- Totally customizable – add cranberry sauce, stuffing, or even leftover mashed potatoes.
What You Need for a Hot Turkey Sandwich
How to Make a Hot Turkey Sandwich
It’s a simple hot meal that’s ready in minutes:
- Heat turkey slices in gravy (per recipe below).
- Toast bread and spread with butter.
- Place turkey on top of bread and cover with extra gravy.
Did you love these Hot Turkey Sandwiches? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Hot Turkey Sandwich
- 4 slices bread any kind
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 ⅓ cups gravy leftover, canned, or homemade gravy
- 10 ounces turkey leftover or sliced deli turkey
- In a medium saucepan or 10-inch skillet, heat the gravy to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Add the turkey slices and stir into the gravy. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the turkey is heated through, 3-5 minutes.
- Toast bread, spread with butter. Top with turkey slices and extra gravy.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.