This Turkey Tetrazzini recipe is the perfect way to enjoy leftover turkey. Tender turkey chunks, mushrooms and pasta are smothered in a rich and creamy sauce and topped with cheese. Everything is baked until hot and bubbly for a dish hearty enough to satisfy a crowd and tasty enough to get everyone excited about leftovers like never before.
Turkey Tetrazzini is one of those recipes that has been around forever and ever and yet another recipe found in my vintage recipe box.
A delicious pasta casserole with turkey in a creamy mushroom sauce is topped with cheese and baked until hot and bubbly.
Serve this up with a garden salad and some crusty bread for a perfect meal!
I use fresh mushrooms in this recipe and you can add in any other veggies you’d lke, carrots, peas, and peppers are some of our favorites.
This easy tetrazzini recipe uses no “cream of” soup but instead gets some extra richness from spreadable cream cheese. While you can certainly use the plain variety, we love to use an herb and garlic or garlic and chive flavor to add a little bit of extra flavor.
This is a great recipe for making use of the leftover turkey around the holidays, but it is equally delicious year round. If you don’t have turkey on hand, you can use rotisserie chicken or cook up a couple of chicken breasts!
This dish reheats well so you can make it ahead of time or serve it another night for a delicious dinner of leftovers! Make sure to cook the pasta al dente so it doesn’t get mushy and if needed, add a little splash of milk when reheating.
- 12 ounces dry spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¾ pound mushrooms sliced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 ¼ cups chicken broth reduced sodium
- 8 ounces spreadable cream cheese garlic flavor
- 1 ⅓ cups half & half or light cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups turkey cooked and chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese divided
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook spaghetti al dente according to package directions.
- Cook butter, onions and garlic over medium heat until softened. Add mushrooms and cook an additional 3 minutes. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add broth and cream all at once. Cook until thick & bubbly, let boil 1 minute. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Add parsley and seasonings
- Combine spaghetti, turkey, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and sauce. Pour into a greased 9×13 pan. Top with remaining mozzarella, cover and bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan and bake an additional 10-15 minutes uncovered until hot & bubbly.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)