Hot Fudge Slow Cooker Brownies! Just 5 minutes of prep and a few simple ingredients go into this delicious lava-cake inspired dessert! Your guests will rave about this one and you’ll love how easy it is to make!
I love my slow cooker and use it several times every week. It makes such tender meats, flavorful soups and amazing pasta sauces! Did you know you can also cook dessert in the slow cooker too?! Amazing right?
This recipe is from my friend Hayley’s new book, Out of the Box Desserts. Hayley blogs over at the Domestic Rebel and makes AWESOME desserts so I was pretty excited to get my hands on a copy of this book. I have to tell you friends, this is one of those dessert books you’re going to end up using over and over!
All of the desserts in this book need minimal prep and with fall upon us, school, homework and soccer practice several times each week I’m ALL about quick and easy.
There are tons of amazing recipes I’m dying to try and you’ll find everything from cookies & blondies to cheesecake & candy. You’re going to want to get your hands on a copy (you can grab it on Amazon here) and if you’re anything like me, pretty much every page will be marked!
When I saw this Slow Cooker Brownie recipe, I honestly couldn’t wait to give it a try. I mean this chocolate dessert is like lava cake meets brownie… it’s lusciously chocolatey and ooey gooey irresistible.
If you haven’t made a dessert in the slow cooker yet, you’re going to love this! It’s especially perfect if you’ve got guests coming by because you can prep this ahead and it’s warm, gooey and ready to serve when you are.
To make this extra quick, it starts with a box mix which means one bowl and very little prep time! With just a few ingredients and 5 minutes you’ll pour the batter into the slow cooker, put the lid on and just walk away… talk about a dream dessert.
Note: I use this Slow Cooker here for this recipe. It’s the perfect size and mine takes about 2 1/2-3 hours.
Hot Fudge Slow Cooker Brownies
- 1 box fudge brownie mix (9×13 pan size)
- ⅔ cup oil
- ¼ cup water
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup hot water
- 1 jar hot fudge sauce 12 ounces
- Grease a 6 QT slow cooker very liberally with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, oil, ¼ cup water, and eggs until well mixed. Pour the batter into the greased slow cooker.
- Whisk together the hot fudge sauce and hot water and pour over the brownie batter (do not stir). Top with the lid and cook on HIGH for 2 ½ – 3 hours or until the edges are set (the center will be slightly gooey).
- Serve with ice cream and additional fudge sauce if desired.
More Recipes You’ll Love