Grilled Corn Salad is the perfect way to enjoy the abundance of fresh corn in the summer! Sweet cobs of corn are grilled and tossed with tomatoes, feta cheese, and fresh herbs to create an easy summer salad recipe.
Grilled Sweet Corn Salad
When you see those huge bins of sweet yellow and white corn at the supermarket or even better, your local farmers market, you know it’s time to stock up on some summer goodness!
Corn Salad is exactly what it sounds like! A mixture of corn, tomatoes, feta and, basil in a simple olive oil vinaigrette. This is a lighter fresh version a corn salad compared to a creamy corn salad with fritos!
Corn for this Summer Salad
This corn and tomato salad has all the bright flavors of the season!
Fresh Corn on the Cob:
- I use fresh corn on the cob for this salad so I can toss it on the grill and get an extra layer of flavor!
- Grill it directly on the grate (no husk) for easy cooking.
If using frozen/canned corn:
- Defrost and/or drain the corn and add it to a frying pan with a bit of butter. Season and cook for a few minutes.
- To char the corn (like you’d get from grilled corn on the cob), you can broil it in the oven instead of a frying pan.
- Ensure the corn is dry (moisture will cause it to steam) and toss with a bit of olive oil.
- Broil it close to the element for a few minutes until some of the pieces begin to brown.
How to Remove Corn from the Cob
For this easy corn salad recipe, you’ll need to remove the kernels from the cob after they’ve been grilled and cooled (just like you do to make creamed corn). You can buy a tool to remove the kernels, but to be completely honest, I find it just as easy to do with a knife.
- Place the cob upright on a cutting board.
- Using a straight edged paring knife, slice the kernels off as close to the cob as you can.
This easy trick keeps the kernels intact and gives them the perfect crunch for this amazing corn and tomato salad!
How to Make Corn Salad
Corn tomato salad takes just a few ingredients, but for best results, get the freshest! Better yet, grab the corn, tomatoes, and basil from your garden or a local farmer’s market!
The rule of thumb to any great dish is the fewer the ingredients, the higher quality they should be!
- Once grilled, remove the corn kernels using the method above and toss with the remaining ingredients.
- Let the roasted corn salad marinate in the fridge at least 15 minutes before adjusting with salt and pepper to taste.
This tangy grilled corn salad recipe is so colorful and easy to put together! You’ll want to make it again and again for every occasion!
Fave Summer Sides
- The Best Bacon Pea Salad – simple summer side
- Italian Pasta Salad – perfect barbecue side!
- The Best Potato Salad Recipe – classic recipe with a little extra flair
- Dill Pickle Pasta Salad – BEST. EVER!
- Favorite Spaghetti Salad– fun twist on a classic pasta salad
Grilled Corn Salad
- 3 cobs of corn shucked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- chives or green onions for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Brush corn with olive oil and grill over medium heat about 10-12 minutes turning occasionally. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Remove corn from the cob and toss all ingredients in a large bowl and let sit 15 minutes before serving.