Frito Corn Salad is the perfect potluck dish, a delicious snack on the deck, or a great summer meal!
This easy salad combines lots of fresh summer corn off the cob, crisp bell peppers, jalapenos, and of course crunchy Fritos all in a quick creamy dressing.
This is the perfect side dish or appetizer dip loaded with veggies and corn!
We Can’t Get Enough of This Crunchy Corn Salad
If you’ve never had Frito Corn Salad before, you’ve been missing out my friends. It’s pretty much the BEST ever way to enjoy Fritos (like they weren’t amazing enough already)!
- It’s great to make ahead (add the Frito corn chips before serving).
- Tons of flavor, lots of textures and colors and it tastes SO darn good!
- This is a multipurpose dish! Serve as a side dish with tacos or fajitas, as an appetizer with chips for dipping, or as a main dish (with grilled shrimp if you’d like).
- Perfect for BBQs, potlucks, or summer lunches.
Ingredients in Frito Salad
This Frito Corn Salad is most definitely the perfect side dish
Bell peppers – Green and red bell peppers add flavor, crunch and color.
Jalapeno (or not!) – I add canned jalapenos for a little kick. If you’d like to tame this recipe down a little, skip the jalapenos and add in some mild green chiles for flavor without the heat.
Fritos – Fritos are our favorite but any corn chips can be used.
Use this recipe as a base and change it up with your own favorites:
- Swap out plain Fritos for Chili Cheese Fritos (and skip the chili powder in the recipe).
- Trade cheddar for a Mexican cheese blend, pepper jack, or Monterey jack.
- Add in other veggies, black beans, or leftover shredded chicken.
Try Different Dressings
- Try this Frito corn salad recipe with ranch dressing and skip the mayo.
- For a zestier option, try Catalina dressing (which is what I add to my famous Dorito Taco Salad). Sounds odd but it’s good!
- Add a tablespoon or so of taco seasoning and a spoonful of sour cream to the dressing.
Make Ahead and Leftovers
To make this recipe ahead of time, stir everything together except the Fritos. At serving time, give the Fritos bag a quick squish, sprinkle them on top, and stir for a great crunch.
To serve, use either the Frito scoop chips or tortilla chips (or celery) to scoop this up if you’re serving it as a dip or just serve it with a fork as a side dish!
More Prized Potluck Salads
Frito Corn Salad
- 3 cups fresh corn off the cob or two 12-14 ounce cans of corn, drained
- ½ red bell pepper diced ¼-inch
- ½ green bell pepper diced ¼-inch
- ½ red onion diced ¼-inch
- 4 ounces canned jalapenos drained and chopped, or 4 oz mild green chiles drained
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 ounces Fritos chips
- Combine all ingredients except Fritos in a large bowl and mix well.
- Just before serving, stir in Fritos.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!