Green Beans Almondine isn’t your everyday green bean casserole! Made with green beans, almonds, and garlic this elegant side dish is super easy to prepare!
It’s a great side dish for a crowd because it’s both easy and inexpensive. So remember this winner when cooking up a Roast Turkey Breast during the holidays, too!
What is Green Beans Almondine?
Also known as green beans ‘amandine’, this is a simple dish that only sounds complicated. Tender green beans are boiled briefly and then shocked in ice water to stop the cooking and keep their bright green color.
They are then dressed with toasted almonds and butter and seasoned salt and pepper. This recipe is made with garlic for a more savory flavor!
Blanching veggies means to boil them for a short period and then to plunge them into cold water to stop cooking. This makes them perfectly tender crisp!
How To Make Green Beans Almondine
This elegant side dish is so simple to make! It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Blanch green beans and then plunge into an ice-water bath and drain (see recipe below).
- Saute almonds and add garlic and green beans.
- Remove from heat and season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
What to Serve Green Beans Almondine With
How to Store Leftovers
Keep your green beans almondine in a tightly covered container in the fridge. They are easy to reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
An extra squeeze of lemon and some salt and pepper will freshen the flavors and make it taste brand new again!
More Green Bean Greats
- Fresh Green Bean Casserole – homemade from scratch
- Roasted Green Beans – just 3 simple ingredients!
- Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles – elegant side for any occasion
- Green Bean Casserole – classic
- Green Bean Salad – simple & delicious
Green Beans Almondine
- 1 lb green beans
- 1/4 cup almonds sliced
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
Trim tips off green beans and cut in half. Prepare an ice water bath.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and generously salt. Add beans and boil 3 minutes.
- Remove beans and place into ice water.
- Meanwhile, cook almonds and butter over medium heat until slightly browned. Add garlic and beans.
- Cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
Remove from heat, add a squeeze of lemon and season with salt & pepper to taste.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)