These brownies are moist, gooey and chewy with the addition of a secret ingredient! There are two methods for this recipe… one uses a box mix as a starter (I like easy) and one is from scratch!
The Secret Ingredient
These will stay nice and fudgy with the addition of a surprise ingredient… sweetened condensed milk! Once you add it to your brownie mix the first time, you’ll always want to bake them that way!
I topped mine with Oreo cookies… feel free to add your own yummy twists like:
- 1/2 cup of nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup coconut
Be sure to keep an eye on them when baking. You want them cooked but not overcooked!
Gooey Chewy Brownies (with a secret ingredient)!
- 1 box of brownie mix , not family sized (plus ingredients required on the box)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate , chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 10 Oreo cookies (optional)
- Frosting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
If using a box mix:
- Prepare brownie mix according to directions (or prepare your own favorite brownie mix).
If using the recipe above:
- Combine flour & baking soda, set aside.
- Melt butter & chocolate on medium power in the microwave until just about melted. Stir in sugar. Add eggs and stir until mixed. Add flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Pour about 1/3 of the sweetened condensed milk into the brownie mix and stir until combined.
- Line the bottom of a 9x9 pan with parchment paper. Pour the brownie mixture into the pan.
- Break the Oreo cookies (if using) and scatter over the top of the brownie mix. Pour the remaining sweetened condensed milk over the brownies and bake 25-30 minutes.
- Drizzle with chocolate frosting if desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)